• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silverwolf

What is the name of your state? VA

If a child custody/ support case is being heard in a court room where one of the childs parents works can the opposing parent ask for a judge to be brought in from another district because of conflict of interest? If so how would you go about saying it? (Common sense says not to just blurt it out) Would the judge have the right to hear the case and make a ruleing anyway?

Thanks for the advise ahead of time.What is the name of your state?

BL

silverwolf said:
What is the name of your state? VA

If a child custody/ support case is being heard in a court room where one of the childs parents works can the opposing parent ask for a judge to be brought in from another district because of conflict of interest? If so how would you go about saying it? (Common sense says not to just blurt it out) Would the judge have the right to hear the case and make a ruleing anyway?

Thanks for the advise ahead of time.What is the name of your state?
Are you doing homework ?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You'd be asking the judge to recuse himself based on potential bias. However.... you've said your ex is a jailer, which doesn't normally include working in the courtroom. I'd expect the judge to refuse a recusal, and state that he is able to make an unbiased ruling. For ANY chance at this, you need a lawyer.

silverwolf

Thank you.

My ex does take inmates into courtroom every other day, I think they rotate between that an transports which he does that also and ends up in many courtrooms in other counties. I do need a lawyer but dont think I can afford one. Thank you for the information.

stealth2 said:
You'd be asking the judge to recuse himself based on potential bias. However.... you've said your ex is a jailer, which doesn't normally include working in the courtroom. I'd expect the judge to refuse a recusal, and state that he is able to make an unbiased ruling. For ANY chance at this, you need a lawyer.

GrowUp!

silverwolf said:
No, I just dont think I can afford a lawyer and I dont know what to say.
Well, most people can't "afford" a lawyer, but we all manage to scrape some funds together. Perhaps you can find a lawyer that takes payments. But you're admitting you don't know what to say, write, etc. -- even more reason why you should have an attorney. Courts are not going to hold your hand.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
silverwolf said:
My ex does take inmates into courtroom every other day, I think they rotate between that an transports which he does that also and ends up in many courtrooms in other counties. I do need a lawyer but dont think I can afford one. Thank you for the information.
That is not enough to get a recusal. Attorneys are in courtrooms every day and if they could never have a personal case in front of a judge in whose courtroom they had been they would never be able to pursue court actions of their own.
Your ex doesn't WORK in the courtroom. Your ex goes to the courtroom at times but is not stationed strictly in one judge's courtroom as a bailiff or other court employee.

silverwolf

Thanks

You are exactly right he does not work in the court room, but he does bail hay for two of the Judges that hear cases where our case would be heard. I was with this man for 6 years and we even had one judge and his wife come over for a dinner one night. He also went and picked up the magistrate who was stopped at a check point that was driving drunk and took him home, there was NO ticket he and two deputies covered for him. They all work in the same area. Yes I need a lawyer but I had to move two hours away just to have peace and make my ex and the deputies leave me and my family alone. I have got two sheets of paper with lawyers I have called, no one wants to take the case because it is two far away and no one within a 50 mile radious wants it because of confict of interest******************************************.. not having the money is not the only issue. If I could get help just some one that could advise me then I wouldnt have to be here bothering you nice folks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">