• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Curious

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetpea0501

I have a question regarding Florida law. Is the G.I. Bill considered as a taxable income and thus can it be used to figure out a child support amount? I only ask this because a friend of mine actually resides in Texas and is ex-military. His wife left him and took everything including his daughter to Florida while he was over seas in Afghanistan on his 1 year deployment. She stated she wanted a divorce via skype chat and that she was moving to Florida. He has the actual chat saved. She took everything leaving him with 2 night stands, a dresser, weed eater and his clothes and personal effects. She even took the car that was in his name that he had purchased before their marriage. She is a diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic and refuses to take her medications and has also refused him visitation with his daughter. He filed for divorce August of 2010 and after almost a year of her being wishy washy in the settlements, the court here in Texas ordered her to file there and that jurisdiction be held in Florida. He isn't sure of the Florida laws and I am not either. His wife has filed in Florida and so on top of the G.I. Bill question we also have a couple more questions if you are free to answer them. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. His daughter is in an unstable home with a mother who has been known to chase my friend around the house with butcher knives. We have waited on the justice system and it seems to be stalling out a bit and we have no clue where he should go from here. I have looked into legal aid here in Texas and in Florida but we are not sure if he can get legal aid in Florida since he isn't a resident. Thank you for your time and for any responses I end up getting.

Silverplum

I have a question regarding Florida law. Is the G.I. Bill considered as a taxable income and thus can it be used to figure out a child support amount? I only ask this because a friend of mine actually resides in Texas and is ex-military. His wife left him and took everything including his daughter to Florida while he was over seas in Afghanistan on his 1 year deployment. She stated she wanted a divorce via skype chat and that she was moving to Florida. He has the actual chat saved. She took everything leaving him with 2 night stands, a dresser, weed eater and his clothes and personal effects. She even took the car that was in his name that he had purchased before their marriage. She is a diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic and refuses to take her medications and has also refused him visitation with his daughter. He filed for divorce August of 2010 and after almost a year of her being wishy washy in the settlements, the court here in Texas ordered her to file there and that jurisdiction be held in Florida. He isn't sure of the Florida laws and I am not either. His wife has filed in Florida and so on top of the G.I. Bill question we also have a couple more questions if you are free to answer them. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. His daughter is in an unstable home with a mother who has been known to chase my friend around the house with butcher knives. We have waited on the justice system and it seems to be stalling out a bit and we have no clue where he should go from here. I have looked into legal aid here in Texas and in Florida but we are not sure if he can get legal aid in Florida since he isn't a resident. Thank you for your time and for any responses I end up getting.
http://lmgtfy.com/

sweetpea0501

Thanks

Sorry I didn't realize you guys couldn't give any advice on the matter with out him posting. I will have him post promptly then and inform him that there is help and advice here. Thanks for your time on this matter.

V/R

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">