• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just found out NCP has hidden bank account.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Just wondering if this information is ever able to get to the judge? My ex just got slapped with CS arrears and a new order for CS...He quit a senior level Management position at a large Arts and Crafts Corporation and now works as a part-time Cashier at Wal-Mart making $11.00 an hour. He has a history of hiding income so I was pretty sure he was still doing it. He also has a 4 bedroom home and he rents out 3 of those bedrooms. His parents pay his portion of rent, car insurance, cell phone as well as his cable/internet so 'he can keep in touch with them"..they also 'lent' him $30,000 dollars, paid his attorney fees and sent him $1200.00 a month for living expenses...NCP is now 50 years old and was refusing to pay child support because I was now married and he felt that my current husband had the financial obigation to pay...My ex lied to the judge about the rental income so his income was imputed to add an additional $700.00 that he gets from his parents...he stated no other help though....now, I just found out that he has another checking account based out of the city his parents live in (oldest son signed a check over to us from his dad so we could just give him cash and we deposited the check)..I have a feeling this is where some of his additional income is hidden. Would a judge do anything about this such as impute his income at a higher rate? He is refusing to pay 1/2 medical and arrears. so we have another court date in March...if he says he has no money to help pay medical, I want the court to know about this other account. Can I request that he bring bank statements and tax returns to the arrers and medical court date?

Radia

Do you have an attorney?

If not, you need one.

Is it a child support enforcement division that is pursuing charges against him?

no attorney....

I paid almost $34,000 in attorney fees for 3 years worth of nothing...it was really upsetting by the time we finally got to court after 6-7 continuances a year...and it was a simple visitation and guideline support case with the exception of not giving up 1/2 my retirement because my ex cashed all his in right before the divorce.....finally had to be done because I could not afford any more fees so I went to LA County Child Support on my own and continue to do things myself. I was just wondering how I can get this account into the next court date when I have to request 1/2 medical as a specific number and child support arrears....

Radia

As far as I know, the state does not represent you so you have no say in what is brought to court, and as overloaded as the system in every state is.... They are not going to do any more than what gets them what they want. They care nothing about you and more about the child.

If you cant afford an attorney, you have a few choices:
1. Legal Aid if you cant afford an attorney and if there is funding for you in your state.
2. Allow the state to handle it and give them the tips you have, hope that things go the way you want them to. But don't get your hopes up.
3. Represent yourself in court, meaning if you have enough evidence and/or its time for a review anyway, you do the research and bring a case against him yourself.
4. Buck up and beg, steal (not really), or borrow the funds to seek representation.

I understand your pain, read my history... I really do. But the system is there for a reason and there is no other way to get things done.

I saw my sister pay for a lawyer that did nothing for her... really. She represented herself in her last case and won. She made friends with people in the position to help her through her time at the law library, and meaningful friendships that will last. In the end she decided, that *IF* you cant find representation that is adequate or affordable, and you choose to represent yourself, you are only limited by your willingness to learn, and in the end there is no one to blame if things don't turn out.... but yourself.

You also end up with tons more respect for the people in the profession.

How can I do that?

How do I file a subpoena? I thought that was only for attorneys...I will look online and see if I can find something. We just went to court on November 16th, 2009 to get child support ordered but due to a mistake by the CS staff arrears and medical were not on the motion so we go back again in March. The judge already imputed my ex's income by $500.00 more a month when it should have been $750.00 but because my ex said he had to live in a bigger home with roomates in order to allow our son to have his own room the judge took off $250.00...yet, we found out not even a week later that he had rented that room out too which was why he never showed up for visitation for 3 months. If my ex's parents have set up an account for him somewhere else, can that be classified as income or would it be a gift?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">