• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just wondering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have a child support order against my ex for our son he is over 15,000 behind. I am never going to see that money. What would happen to the order and the amount due if the father and I got back together? I feel it is the best interest of the child for us to atleast try since the father is trying to get onto the right track. I think children turn out better with 2 parents

gatorguy3

I commend you for thinking of your child above all else.

I don't know about Missouri. You will need to speak to a "professional" who deals with that aspect of the law. In florida, depending on if the support is only owed to the parent or if the support is owed as repayment of welfare, the debt could or could not be forgiven. If the money is owed for welfare repayment (meaning if you ever received assistance from the state of Missouri) then YES it will have to be repaid to the state.

I would recommend consulting a family law attorney in Missouri.

Sunshinejj

HEllo

Jennifer
Are You In Love With your Sons Father? :rolleyes:

jennifer6219 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have a child support order against my ex for our son he is over 15,000 behind. I am never going to see that money. What would happen to the order and the amount due if the father and I got back together? I feel it is the best interest of the child for us to atleast try since the father is trying to get onto the right track. I think children turn out better with 2 parents

Sunshinejj

Hello

Hello Jennifer,
Thanks for the reply back, If You feel that your still in love with him, and you see the changes in him, trying to do his best for you and your son, and you see yourself as a family again, please think good and hard, and follow your heart, and follow your heart what it says for your son.

Yes ask Your Ex, If He Feels the same for you, and ask him if he what his family back!

Follow your heart! Always seem to work out for the best!

I can tell you, I'm with my Man ,we known each other 30 years, going on 21 years of marriage,and two wonderful kids.. It worked out for us! I followed My Heart....
Sunshinejj :)

jennifer6219 said:
Yes I think I am

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">