• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping Peace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukiman

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA
Quick child support question: My ex- hubby and i got together and came up with a dollar amount for child support when we divorced in 96/97.It was not agreed to be a permanent amount, just an amount w agreed on at the time. Should i ever take him back for a cost of living increase or just keep the peace and let it go? My son was 4 then and is 13 now.
Will the courts base it on his current income or the current amount he is paying??
Thoughts???
Thanks Debbie:confused:

mukiman said:
Quick child support question: My ex- hubby and i got together and came up with a dollar amount for child support when we divorced in 96/97.It was not agreed to be a permanent amount, just an amount w agreed on at the time. Should i ever take him back for a cost of living increase or just keep the peace and let it go? My son was 4 then and is 13 now.
Will the courts base it on his current income or the current amount he is paying??
Thoughts???

My response:

What do YOU want to do? What is more important - - your child's welfare or "keeping the peace"? Yours is a personal decision, and we can't advise on personal decisions.

When you've made your decision, then we'll advise on that decision.

IAAL

seniorjudge

mukiman said:
Thoughts???
Q: Should i ever take him back for a cost of living increase or just keep the peace and let it go?

A: Has your cost of living increased in the last ten years?

seniorjudge said:
Q: Should i ever take him back for a cost of living increase or just keep the peace and let it go?

A: Has your cost of living increased in the last ten years?

My response:

You mean, since Bush became El Presidente?

IAAL

BL

nextwife said:
Bush is El Presidente? I thought it was Dick Cheney.
Yeh with the shotgun at the WhiteHouse killing the chicken in front of those poor Kids .

Silverplum

Huh. And I thought Vincente Fox was El Presidente, and everyone else were just his Court Jesters, better known as Fools.

Silverplum said:
Huh. And I thought Vincente Fox was El Presidente, and everyone else were just his Court Jesters, better known as Fools.

My response:

Have you seen that idiot's wife, Laura Bush, on the news? She's denouncing and denying the polls about her husband's low percentages!! Talk about "being in denial"!

Either she needs to get back on her "reality Meds," or she needs to take another look at the polls. Even the "Red" States can't stand that idiot! But, they got what they deserved.

It's so easy to surround yourself with those in your favor - - but, has he looked outside the meeting halls lately? Those crowds of "Bush Haters" have gotten much bigger!

IAAL

nextwife

CALIFPROLAW1 said:
My response:

Have you seen that idiot's wife, Laura Bush, on the news? She's denouncing and denying the polls about her husband's low percentages!! Talk about "being in denial"!

Either she needs to get back on her "reality Meds," or she needs to take another look at the polls. Even the "Red" States can't stand that idiot! But, they got what they deserved.

It's so easy to surround yourself with those in your favor - - but, has he looked outside the meeting halls lately? Those crowds of "Bush Haters" have gotten much bigger!

IAAL
How pathetic that this man, who posseses not an once of intellectual curiousity, and limited policy and historic knowledge, was made leader of the free world. OMG!

nextwife said:
How pathetic that this man, who posseses not an once of intellectual curiousity, and limited policy and historic knowledge, was made leader of the free world. OMG!

My response:

I thought I'd never see the day when a president would actually have lower approval numbers than Richard Milhouse Nixon. This idiot makes Nixon look like a "good guy"!

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

CALIFPROLAW1 said:
My response:

I thought I'd never see the day when a president would actually have lower approval numbers than Richard Milhouse Nixon. This idiot makes Nixon look like a "good guy"!

IAAL
He WAS a good guy....for 1.25 hours....

that's how long it too him to drag his ass from the White House to the Tarmac of Air Force One :D

BelizeBreeze said:
He WAS a good guy....for 1.25 hours....

that's how long it too him to drag his ass from the White House to the Tarmac of Air Force One :D
Wouldn't dragging his ass for 1.25 hours be considered animal cruelty?

BelizeBreeze said:
Not if it was behind a Harley with about 6,000 vets spitting on his carcas
OoooKaaaay! Nice to know we have an "ass" in the White House. Even better, nice to know that ass is a passenger on Air Force One.

nextwife said:

What is pathetic is that, of the millions of people in this country, all we can come up with for candidates are a pompous ass and a drooling idiot. Meanwhile, a candidate who has the temerity to advocate the principles of Thomas Jefferson is dismissed as a left wing nutcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">