• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KY felony non support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

milspecgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I am looking for someone who has been thru this and can help me with a timeline, what will happen, etc.

As of Dec 1, the mother will be over $1000 past due in child support. That is felony non support in KY. My husband has to go sign the paperwork to ask for the warrant.

We were just kind of wondering the steps after that- does he have to go to court? Will OH pick mom up and send her to Ky (mom lives and works in OH)? Will she have to pay a certain % to stay out of jail? Do they recalcualte her support to add arrearages to what she owes?

Seeing as how the next time mom will be in KY is at Christmas, he is really hoping they will pick her up in Ohio so the child isnt with her. He has sent an email to his CS worker asking all of these questions but we all know how well they answer.

Just looking for a little info if anyone has dealt with this in Ky

Thanks

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I am looking for someone who has been thru this and can help me with a timeline, what will happen, etc.

As of Dec 1, the mother will be over $1000 past due in child support. That is felony non support in KY. My husband has to go sign the paperwork to ask for the warrant.

We were just kind of wondering the steps after that- does he have to go to court? Will OH pick mom up and send her to Ky (mom lives and works in OH)? Will she have to pay a certain % to stay out of jail? Do they recalcualte her support to add arrearages to what she owes?

Seeing as how the next time mom will be in KY is at Christmas, he is really hoping they will pick her up in Ohio so the child isnt with her. He has sent an email to his CS worker asking all of these questions but we all know how well they answer.

Just looking for a little info if anyone has dealt with this in Ky

Thanks
Please have your husband come here and ask his own questions. Thanks.

CJane

I would actually call the prosecutor's office. If it's felony level, it's not going to be in the child support worker's hands anymore, it's going to be in the hands of the criminal justice system.

I know that HERE, the prosecutor is VERY good about passing along information, scenarios, possibilities, etc, to the parent who is owed the child support.

milspecgirl

Thanks. I know he has to go to the child support office to sign the paperwork to get the ball rolling. I will tell him to call the county atty's office mon and ask what happens. That's who prosecutes in KY. His biggest concern is when it will happen - whether she is with mom when it happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">