• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KY..Need answers..CP not being cooperative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Luv_N_Stepmom

What is the name of your state? KY

Can husband request billing info regarding his arrears, statements or something to show him what he is paying for and the actual balance. Because we have nothing to go off of except what the case worker says is owed and when we check the automated system the balance amount seems to not have changed or at least not by what we assume it should be...The reason i am asking is because my husband provides medical/dental for stepson, but the CP has not always took child on military base for medical that we know of except for one time, CP doesn't like to make the drive which is about 45 minutes maybe a little less. So she took the child to his old doctor he had been using before paternity and child support was established and then she mailed us the bill for his prescription. Had she used the medical my husband provided she would not have had to pay for a prescription.
Is she allowed to continue doing this? We feel she may be doing what she wants and submitting the bills/receipts to caseworker to add to arrears and of course the case worker doesn't question anything as long as my husband keeps paying his monthly support.

Another question? Just found out CP has taken stepson to get braces on his teeth. Husband has child on his dental plan also. I checked with our dental provider and NO claims have been filed or the CP has never used the dental insurance my husband pays for.
Is there anyway my husband and i can find out whether or not she is having the state to provide the braces for stepson and again just submitting the bill to the caseworker to be added to arrears?
My husband and I do not reside in the same state as CP and so we can't drive to the CSE office let along see my stepson. There is no set visitation(only reasonable) CP will not cooperate and will not let husband speak to son over the phone. She constantly bad mouths my husband to child and now the child will not talk to dad in fear of his mom CP will harm him.
By the way...the CP's family will call us once or twice a year if we can't get a hold of CP and tell us whats going on with child and CP. But NO they won't testify in court against CP.
Cp keeps her number unlisted and private so we never know it and when she does call once every 2 or 3 years she calls us to complain about her family members and start trouble with us because she is miserable (i suppose):rolleyes: Do to my husband being in the military it is hard for us to travel to see him over the past couple of years, because financially we have not had the extra money to travel over 12hrs (one way) gas, food, hotel etc.
I have always worked all my life and a couple of years ago after the paternity was established i took ill and had to leave work, even though we struggled and went through a lot and lost alot my husband never went back to court for a modification of the support order. He is providing 100% of expenses for our household (me)..we have no kids together, but since i can't contribute to the household any longer financially we just make due the best we can. CP will not negotiate or even drive half way to meet us and drop kid off, so i figured the least she could do was let my husband and stepson email each other if my husband is not allowed to call him (per CP's request).
Oh,.. BTW the CP doesn't work and will not work, so if she is not using dental insurance/medical insurance provided by hubby, and has no job to provide insurance for the child then should we be concerned that she is having the bills added to husbands arrears. The court order stated husband was to provide for these things but we don't live in the same state as CP to make sure she is following court order. Oh, yeah CP will not call us and tell us anything regarding child...we always hear from CP's family what she is doing but they have no clue how or who is paying for stepson's braces. If she is not working i am assuming she is getting some type of state assistance to pay for this. Cp has 2 other kids with 2 other men who pay support each month also. But my husband pays the most, and last i heard CP was having problems with the other 2 dads paying support on time. Husband has always paid on time each month since paternity was established.
Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated....Thanks:)
FYI...CP is known to scam the state for money and get away with it.
What should we do?

Kinda of a long post but I was able to pull some info out of it.

Braces - If you have the caseworker info, why not just fax them a copy of the dental insurance information? The eliminates any confrontation and you can assure that the caseworker knows.

Arrears Info - Sure. Your husband has the writing to see his account in writing. Just call up child support enforcement agency and request a copy.

Sorry I got lost after that.

Zephyr

The other part.....in order for dad to make sure he sees the kid he is going to have to take it back to court and request a set visitation schedule- then if cp does not follow her part, he could file for contempt and have a way of enforcing visitation.

Luv_N_Stepmom

Is there anything my husband can do regarding the child living with his maternal grandmother...The child doesn't live with CP...because of CP's live-in boyfriend, Child has been living with grandmother for the entire school year. The CP doesn't send money from support payments to her mother to help with food, etc...the grandmother told us this...that she has to beg her daughter for money and if she pisses off the daughter...the CP will take the child back home with her and will not allow grandmother to see child.
So that is why...we can't do much in court because the CP's family is scared she will take child away and she can't see child ever again...she has a pattern of this.
Does my husband have rights to child? If mother won't keep child at her home under her roof because of boyfriend...then is it fair she passes the kid to her mother, instead of allowing him to come here. I know what it all boils down to is support money..and if CP did allow stepson to stay with us she would no longer get the monthly money, so that is why she keeps everything a secret...and the maternal grandmother is scared that if we did go for some type of custody she would never see child again...they think we are going to kidnap kid.
Can the judge make CP move the child back into her home since she is getting support payments by my hubby...instead of pawning the kid off on other family?

Luv_N_Stepmom said:
Is there anything my husband can do regarding the child living with his maternal grandmother...The child doesn't live with CP...because of CP's live-in boyfriend, Child has been living with grandmother for the entire school year. The CP doesn't send money from support payments to her mother to help with food, etc...the grandmother told us this...that she has to beg her daughter for money and if she pisses off the daughter...the CP will take the child back home with her and will not allow grandmother to see child.
So that is why...we can't do much in court because the CP's family is scared she will take child away and she can't see child ever again...she has a pattern of this.
Does my husband have rights to child? If mother won't keep child at her home under her roof because of boyfriend...then is it fair she passes the kid to her mother, instead of allowing him to come here. I know what it all boils down to is support money..and if CP did allow stepson to stay with us she would no longer get the monthly money, so that is why she keeps everything a secret...and the maternal grandmother is scared that if we did go for some type of custody she would never see child again...they think we are going to kidnap kid.
Can the judge make CP move the child back into her home since she is getting support payments by my hubby...instead of pawning the kid off on other family?
The child should be with one of the parents. Your husband definitely has more rights than grandma does.

Pinch your pennies, get a loan, something. You probably need a lawyer.

Zephyr

Luv_N_Stepmom said:

he should get to court and at least get some form of visitation, he may want to speak with an attorney, he can't do anything about what mom does with support. It may also do him a world of good to express to mom's family that he has no intentions of cutting them out of the child's life.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">