• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws for non-custodial to help w/ car purchase?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmendarez

What is the name of your state? TX

I have an 18yr old son. I would like to buy him a car and I just cant afford it right now. Should i hire an attorney to make his father help. He will need one when he graduates this may and goes to college.

Last edited:

Just Blue

fairisfair said:
you are going to have to post a question if you want anyone to reply.

I think the OP's question was " is there a "law" for the non-cus parent to help with the purchase of a car..."

My answer is...OMG...you've got to be kidding!:eek:

Just Blue

So I was right! .:( ..sigh....No I don't think so...but I am sure other members will come along to answer...lets see what they have to say..;)

Neal1421

Carmendarez said:

I have an 18yr old son. I would like to buy him a car and I just cant afford it right now. Should i hire an attorney to make his father help. He will need one when he graduates this may and goes to college.
No, you cannot make his father pay for the car if there is nothing in your order that states that he has to.

The key words to your post are " I would like to buy him a car" if you would like to buy him a car go ahead, but you cannot force his father to pay for a car that YOU want him to have.

You have money for an attorney but not a car?

Why not have your son just ask his father if he can help him purchase a car for college? If not, buy him a bike. I got around campus just fine on one. Kept me in shape, and saved money on gas. :D

BL

Stuff it up your exhaust pipes buddy , you can't MAKE a Parent . The Parent makes YOU , now get off your lazy arse , and get it on your own .. :D

fairisfair

baystategirl said:
I think the OP's question was " is there a "law" for the non-cus parent to help with the purchase of a car..."

My answer is...OMG...you've got to be kidding!:eek:
That is what I thought too, but I just couldn't believe it!

Rushia

baystategirl said:
You think you've read it all and then this is posted...:(
Why are you all surprized? How many times have CP's shown up asking if they can get NCP's to pay for this that or the other thing?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your son needs to buy his own car. NO kid needs a car at college. I never had one and there were still buses available if I wanted to leave campus. if he is living with you, suggest a bus or he get a job. OMG? A job? No court will make your ex buy the son a car. Good grief.

BelizeBreeze

Carmendarez said:

I have an 18yr old son. I would like to buy him a car and I just cant afford it right now.
So, tell junior to get off his butt and get a J.O.B.
Should i hire an attorney to make his father help.
Sure. Spend about $5,000 to have a judge throw you and the attorney out of court.
Or hire Vinnie to break the ex's knees and take off with his wallet.
He will need one when he graduates this may and goes to college.
Either that or a VERY GOOD pair of walking shoes.

Geeez. What a loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">