• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leave it to Butte County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blue92

What is the name of your state? California
My ex has recently filed for Increase in dhild support to him. He somehow got the title of custodial parant. We are supposed to share our son 50/50. but I have been responsible for all of his needs He lies to the court about his time with his son and disregards any financial responsibilities. He spends nothing on his son and decreases his income by being self employed (home business) and writing off eveything he owns. I have been paying him for 5 yrs.( Our son is 17). I have to prove that his father is capable of earning more. I also have to prove that my son has all his needs met by me.
It seems to me that the court system encourages parents to work less in order to get more free money from the other parent.
Also how did he get the term "custodial parent" iif we have equal time share. ? Can that be changed, even this late.? I want to save some money for his college edu as I know his father won't help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">