• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal help 4 single dads?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dadseekshelp

What is the name of your state? Kansas

Does anyone know where a dad can go to get legal help in gaining cutody of his daughter? She lives with me now and her mom lives in Utah, she does not want to go back and I simply cannot afford an attorney. Kansas legal services does not have funds to help me due to the county I live in. Any Ideas?? :confused:

Dadseekshelp

She lives with me now and has since June of this year. The court orders state joint custody. She is in school here and has jumped from D's and F's last year to nearly straight A's this year.
She was coming out just for the summer and asked to stay and go to school, her mom agreed to that but wants her back now. We had a verbal agreement only about staying out here for school.

B

betterthanher

Dadseekshelp said:
She lives with me now and has since June of this year. The court orders state joint custody. She is in school here and has jumped from D's and F's last year to nearly straight A's this year.
She was coming out just for the summer and asked to stay and go to school, her mom agreed to that but wants her back now. We had a verbal agreement only about staying out here for school.
According to the COURT ORDER, when was the child to be returned to the mother? This is VERY IMPORTANT!!
What you two verbally agreed means s**t! The court order is the one that stands! If that child was to be back last month, she can very well claim you never returned her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">