• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A little enlightenmant??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sajoseph

What is the name of your state? Fl

My son is 13 and started raceing cars this year at a local short track. The track is hosting a poll for most popular driver. I seemed to be the only parent who thought this poll was unnerving and didnt like the idea of it. I dont think it is fair.

Anyway, since they proceeded to host the poll anyway, it runs until Monday the 3rd, and since I have been a member here for quite some time and have given assistance as well as recieved assistance, was wondering if any of you care to assist my boy and vote for him???Is it allowed here on this forum?Couldnt find a general forum, but thought maybe I could post here. I will wait for a few answers before posting the link. I dont want to offend anyone or waste time.

He has started 5 races this season in last place, but finished every one of them in second place. He is a natural.His dad won last weeks poll, and now he is in a close running to win hisown. He wants to be like his dad!

He has brought his grades from Cs to As when he started, takes care of our puppy that has cerebral palsy 24/7, as responsible as can be for a child his age, more so then most adults that I know. He seemed alittle depressed because he has come so close to winning but hasnt. He has been interviewed by a local radio station so far, AND has a web page on the car class site. He truly is a good boy. Maybe-my train of thought, winning will add that extra umph he needs as an ego booster to win a race, or at the least give him enough confidence to know winning a race isnt everything that everyone still supports him.

Either way, he knows and admitted it in the radio interview, he says,"My mom told me it doesnt matter where I finish, they are proud anyway!" so he knows.

He even offers to let his dad race instead of him when they race on same nights, just because less hassel.

Thought maybe in todays society with all the problems you all witness, we could take a moment to bring light into a good childs life, make it seem alittle better, to avoid future problems.

Thanks for listening and let me know!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I guess I don't understand - how would it help your son's self-esteem that a group of total strangers suddenly decided to vote him "most popular driver" at his Mom's request? All that does is tell him that you don't think he's good enough to win on his own. Seems somewhat contradictory to me.

But hey, that's only one opinion, so don't let it be the governing one.

sajoseph

Because he doesnt know I am sking. That isok, I see your point, so never mind, didnt mean to bother you. The point was to make him know he has alot of support.

I do believe he is good enough to win, he has only lost be maybe a fender legnth.

Yes at 13 he drives a real car. It is a new class for kids only. Simple completly stock 4cyl cars on a small track. They are safe.

Thanks anyway.

ceara19

sajoseph said:
Because he doesnt know I am sking. That isok, I see your point, so never mind, didnt mean to bother you. The point was to make him know he has alot of support.

I do believe he is good enough to win, he has only lost be maybe a fender legnth.

Yes at 13 he drives a real car. It is a new class for kids only. Simple completly stock 4cyl cars on a small track. They are safe.

Thanks anyway.
I don't think "safe" would be the right word to use when describing a bunch of kids driving REAL cars as fast as they can around a track when they are barely old enough to see over the steering wheel, but that's just my opinion.

fairisfair

and perhaps now at age 13, it might be a really good time to start teaching your son that being the "most popular" isn't necessarily the most important thing in the world anyway.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
sajoseph said:
It's not a bother. But this just seems deceitful to me. And I do have a son around that age. It's just not something I would do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">