• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LongIslandDude...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY.

Yes, I was ordered to pay a percentage of OOP medical expenses. That had NOTHING to do with child support, however. It was completely separate.

As it happens, I ended up covering the kids myself as his (out of state) insurance was too much of a pain to deal with, AND paid 100% of the OOP expenses myself. Because HE was too much of a pain to deal with. And with an athlete, medical expenses could crank up (and did). What do you tell a parent who refuses to allow their child to see an orthopedic due to a joint injury? His solution was "quit playing". Eh - good riddance to bad rubbish.

Thank you Stealth, my daughters mother just filed for child support today. So within the next 5-6 months, i should know what i'm going to pay. I know you don't hear this much but, while i have been paying all along, it's nice to know it will finally be 'legitimate' i'm looking forward to the hearing!

BTW: i don't know how that other thread got closed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thank you Stealth, my daughters mother just filed for child support today. So within the next 5-6 months, i should know what i'm going to pay. I know you don't hear this much but, while i have been paying all along, it's nice to know it will finally be 'legitimate' i'm looking forward to the hearing!

BTW: i don't know how that other thread got closed.
Probably got sidetracked.

I respect any parent who does the right thing for their kid. Doesn't matter to me if it's mom or dad - just do what's right for your kid. The situation I mentioned above? Our youngest has played on a competitive level for years (nearly 10, including on club teams and nationally). Plays now in college - which has gotten her $$. Her Dad has seen her play once - in 6th grade. That, to me, is sadder than his refusal to help financially.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">