• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Lot of questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCR301

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Whre do I start ???
I recently took custody of my son from my ex do to her alcohol abuse.
In Jan. '09 I removed my son from his mom to live with a mutual friend of the family. The hope & wish was for mom to get her act together and sober up and this would be temporary. I did not stop the child support payment(Garnish) since the ex said she was giving most to the friend my son was living with. Turned out NOT to be true. After 8 + mos. of him away from his mom, she convinced him to move back home. (against my advise)
This lasted less than 3 weeks when she attempted to hack down his bedroom door with an axe, then proceed to try to destroy his laptop & phone. Since then he has lived with me and doing fine. Issue I had was I had no room in my hose for him to sleep other than the couch so I bulit him a free standing room in the back yard. Since this was an safety/emergency issue, can I reccop the cost of the building the room from the ex as well as the child support paid for the past 12 mos ?
Reason I ask is cuz she is attempting to collect $31k in arrears. I have a whole list of things paid by myself that should come off of what she is attempting to collect including house payments, phone bills, cash etc. totaling $32 -$35k over the past 3 years.
One more question... What ramifications are there for someone filing a false battery police report ? Yeah, she did this too while intoxicated. As far as I know there is still a pending investigation on me.
Any help would be GREAT !

Silverplum

Whre do I start ???
In Jan. '09 I removed my son from his mom to live with a mutual friend of the family. The hope & wish was for mom to get her act together and sober up and this would be temporary. I did not stop the child support payment(Garnish) since the ex said she was giving most to the friend my son was living with. Turned out NOT to be true. After 8 + mos. of him away from his mom, she convinced him to move back home. (against my advise)
This lasted less than 3 weeks when she attempted to hack down his bedroom door with an axe, then proceed to try to destroy his laptop & phone. Since then he has lived with me and doing fine. Issue I had was I had no room in my hose for him to sleep other than the couch so I bulit him a free standing room in the back yard. Since this was an safety/emergency issue, can I reccop the cost of the building the room from the ex as well as the child support paid for the past 12 mos ?
Reason I ask is cuz she is attempting to collect $31k in arrears. I have a whole list of things paid by myself that should come off of what she is attempting to collect including house payments, phone bills, cash etc. totaling $32 -$35k over the past 3 years.
One more question... What ramifications are there for someone filing a false battery police report ? Yeah, she did this too while intoxicated. As far as I know there is still a pending investigation on me.
Wow. :eek:

Today has been *quite* the interesting day!

Proserpina

Whre do I start ???
In Jan. '09 I removed my son from his mom to live with a mutual friend of the family.
The hope & wish was for mom to get her act together and sober up and this would be temporary. I did not stop the child support payment(Garnish) since the ex said she was giving most to the friend my son was living with. Turned out NOT to be true. After 8 + mos. of him away from his mom, she convinced him to move back home. (against my advise)

What exactly are the custody ORDERS?

(you cannot generally recoup child support you've paid - if you didn't file to modify the order, that's on you)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">