• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lump Sum on Back Child Support Owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisacooper

(FONT =Comic Sans MS)xxx(/FONT)What is the name of your state?FL

Can I enforce my ex to pay a lump sum for the back child support he owes? :)

lisacooper

lisacooper said:

I need help as soon as possible. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks, Lisa

nextwife

MY English teachers always made us rephrase if we asked a question like "Can I ....?" when the question was not one of our ABILITY to do something, but rather of a question of permission or possibility, to which they replied "I don't know, CAN you?"

By this do you mean:

May I attempt to enforce collection measures against the NCP to collect a CS arrearage?

May I agree to accept a lump sum from the NCP in lieu of the entire balance owed?

May I seize certain assets? May I have him jailed for contempt?

May I have some input where I may find the NCP to try to collect?

or

Can I squeeze money out of him even though he's living in a box and muttering about aliens for the past 5 years?

crystaly

lisacooper said:

If you have reason to believe that he has money to be able to do something like this you can try to come to an arrangement with him. But usually when you go after a lump sum, the ower wants you to agree to drop some of the child support owed before agreeing to something like this.

topsidder

sure, your can ask for just about anything; but you can't get blood from a stone. He is in arrears for a reason, or are you implying he has worth? Please keep "worth" in perspective.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">