• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ma child support and day care expenses 50/50 joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Onlyinma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My ex and I have agreed that we will share 50/50 custody of the kid and have a schedule to make sure we both see her 50% of the time.

Soon she will be filing for child support. Regardless of her 250k in student loan debt she claims she can only make around 15/hr. I make 100k and realize that I'm going to pay support. How much? No clue yet.

We use to split day care expenses 50/50, but since she decided to be unfaithful she said she won't pay. My big concern is with the hefty child support I will be paying will a judge also make me pay all of day care - 300 a week, will it be sit 50/50, or is she required to pay it out of support?

Does a judge decide all this in the support process?

Any help would be appreciated

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My ex and I have agreed that we will share 50/50 custody of the kid and have a schedule to make sure we both see her 50% of the time.

Soon she will be filing for child support. Regardless of her 250k in student loan debt she claims she can only make around 15/hr. I make 100k and realize that I'm going to pay support. How much? No clue yet.

We use to split day care expenses 50/50, but since she decided to be unfaithful she said she won't pay. My big concern is with the hefty child support I will be paying will a judge also make me pay all of day care - 300 a week, will it be sit 50/50, or is she required to pay it out of support?

Does a judge decide all this in the support process?

Any help would be appreciated
Support is by formula: http://www.mass.gov/dor/child-support/guidelines.html

With your income and her debt, you need an attorney. Period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">