• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Making the non-custodial parent keep paying child support.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godismylordsave

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
I want to know how to make my ex keep paying child support even though the child is getting ssi from the non-custodial parent. I am unemployed and in the process of applying for disability and the amount the child is getting for ssi isn't enough for me to get out of my parents house and in to my own. The non-custodial parent has requested a motion to suspend child support and the court date is March 3, 2009. I need help asap.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

I want to know how to make my ex keep paying child support even though the child is getting ssi from the non-custodial parent. I am unemployed and in the process of applying for disability and the amount the child is getting for ssi isn't enough for me to get out of my parents house and in to my own. The non-custodial parent has requested a motion to suspend child support and the court date is March 3, 2009. I need help asap.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It is not your ex's job to support you. Get a job.

Just Blue

Nor is it the job of the taxpayers of Alabama or the US taxpayer.
Nope. OP can either continue to live with her parents or get a job...;)

Hey...I saw on the news that you all had some snow!! They were showing little one's "sledding" on cookie sheets!! Too cute!

AHA

Don't you have anything better to do than make up stories and post them on the Internet? Pretty pathetic.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Nope. OP can either continue to live with her parents or get a job...;)

Hey...I saw on the news that you all had some snow!! They were showing little one's "sledding" on cookie sheets!! Too cute!
We improvise quite often here in the South, especially when we luck out and get some snow. :p

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
May your ex not have to pay you a dime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">