• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

man not seeing son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chazzajo

What is the name of your state?cali
can you stop c.s. if your not seeing your child? due to the fact the mother is being imature and keeping him from the father and granparents :confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No. What you CAN do is file against her for contempt (assuming you don't have some useless visitation order like "reasonable visitation as agreed upon by the parents". And the grandparents have no inherent rights to visitation.

tired in arizon

chazzajo said:
What is the name of your state?cali
can you stop c.s. if your not seeing your child? due to the fact the mother is being imature and keeping him from the father and granparents :confused:

I beleave that it is illeage for one parent to stop visitations based on child support I would contact your local child support inforcement office. it is a free service however if you use them the will enforce your monthly child support obligation.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Tired - I think he's askign the opposite question. Can he stop paying if the CP's not allowing visitation. The answer is no. Nor can the CP stop visitation if the NCP's not paying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">