• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mandatory Parenting Education classes in CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Concerned in CT

What is the name of your state? CT
Hello! Thanks again for the responses you all gave me! I do have another question though! In CT it is required that both parties take a Parenting Education course if a minor child is involved. I took the course, unfortuately my ex did not. I thought there was something that said if a party does not take the course they could not file any motions against the other party. I had a lawyer tell me no, this was not the case. And that the divorce should have not been finalized without the other party completing the course. That would have only hurt me for he was not going to take it and did not even show up for the final judgement. Is there any law or guideline that may help a judge to say - you were ordered to take this course - you did not - so go take it before you come before me? If not it is sad for the other party is just getting another break for ignoring court orders!! If anyone knows anything that could help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

Concerned in CT

Any ideas?

Hi - just saw there are no replies! A few views though. Does anyone know about this law? Any reply would be appreciated!
Thanks!

haiku

yes all parents who are party to a custody order in Ct. are ordered to take the parenting class, but they can be exempted, if they already took the class before, or can prove financial hardship to pay the fee.

I don't know of any law that says they cannot do anything regarding thier case if they have not taken the course, but I do know they can be admonished by the judge if they do not show proof of either taking the course, or proof of the exemption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">