• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married....wife cheated...not the father...child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandra5758

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA:mad:

My boyfiends wife cheated on him a few years back. He found her in his home with another man. THe wife left with the man and then ended up pregnant. My boyfriend helped her find a place to stay when she came back after she had left him. Not knowing if the child she had inside was his he decided to continue to help her but has been seperated from her ever since. THe child was born and he was still unsure. A few month later her family performed an at home DNA test that the ex wife stated the test stated he was the father, he never received a copy of this test and he decided to go with it and went and signed a decliration of paternity after the child was about 4 months old so that social workers would give back the child they took and put in a home for about 4 months, since she was unable to care for the child herself at the time. We come to find out after the child turned 1 ,when we performed our own officeial certified DNA test that this child he believed was his and had paid child support while the child was in foster care and went through so much problems because of this woman......that this child was never his and her faimily explained to him that they thought she had told him that he wasnt the father when they did the original test. We were distrot after this fact.

The child support agency states that their records show that he established that he is not the father. He is going into court for the divorce next month and all the lawyers he has talked to say he has to pay child support for this child because he was married to her when the child was born. We dont believe this is right! What will happen in court? That is the question we would like to know. THe ex wife is currently living with the child for the past 4 months after she came with social workers and took him. She has claimed that the child is not my boyfriends son in court papers. She lives with another man and has had another child ever since.

What steps can we take to prevent her from receiving child support that we know she wont use for the child? We would like to turn from this situation and never look back and have no attachments to this. Not even visitations, we have been through hell already with all this. What can we do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

What steps can we take to prevent her from receiving child support that we know she wont use for the child? We would like to turn from this situation and never look back and have no attachments to this. Not even visitations, we have been through hell already with all this. What can we do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
First, what she does with the child support money is up to her.

Second, any child born or conceived during a marriage is considered to be the legal product of that marriage unless paternity has been legally (in a court of law) disestablished.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA:mad:

My boyfiends wife cheated on him a few years back.
And he's been cheating on her with you? Or merely committing adultery?

<snip, snap, snup>
THe child was born and he was still unsure. A few month later her family performed an at home DNA test that the ex wife stated the test stated he was the father, he never received a copy of this test and he decided to go with it and went and signed a decliration of paternity after the child was about 4 months old so that social workers would give back the child they took and put in a home for about 4 months, since she was unable to care for the child herself at the time.
A home paternity test is inadmissible in court.

We come to find out after the child turned 1 ,when we performed our own officeial certified DNA test that this child he believed was his and had paid child support while the child was in foster care and went through so much problems because of this woman......that this child was never his and her faimily explained to him that they thought she had told him that he wasnt the father when they did the original test. We were distrot after this fact.
We performed an official DNA test? What made this test official? Were you there when she got pregnant? I bet the answer is no. There is no We legally.

The child support agency states that their records show that he established that he is not the father. He is going into court for the divorce next month and all the lawyers he has talked to say he has to pay child support for this child because he was married to her when the child was born. We dont believe this is right! What will happen in court? That is the question we would like to know. THe ex wife is currently living with the child for the past 4 months after she came with social workers and took him. She has claimed that the child is not my boyfriends son in court papers. She lives with another man and has had another child ever since.
He's the legal father, since they were married at the time of birth. You are nobody, except Dad's F-buddy.

We can take no steps. We can do nothing. You are a legal stranger/nobody (except Dad's paramour/fbuddy/bedwarmer/adultress) Dad may be able to do something (if the child's bio father shows up and is willing to fight for the responsibility), but he's on the hook for child support until that point in time.

sandra5758

Fyi

And he's been cheating on her with you? Or merely committing adultery?

A home paternity test is inadmissible in court.

We performed an official DNA test? What made this test official? Were you there when she got pregnant? I bet the answer is no. There is no We legally.

He's the legal father, since they were married at the time of birth. You are nobody, except Dad's F-buddy.

We can take no steps. We can do nothing. You are a legal stranger/nobody (except Dad's paramour/fbuddy/bedwarmer/adultress) Dad may be able to do something (if the child's bio father shows up and is willing to fight for the responsibility), but he's on the hook for child support until that point in time.
I met this man that I love very much after this child was born and he was seperated with his wife. I know that a home paternity is dismisable. Thats why I paid hundreds of dollars to get a notorized document from a credited source that would stand up in court.

I'm sorry but we have been living together for 5 years and have a daughter together now. And due to the fact that a divorce like in this case takes a lot money and at those times he didnt have the money nor did I to help him out right away.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I met this man that I love very much after this child was born and he was seperated with his wife. I know that a home paternity is dismisable. Thats why I paid hundreds of dollars to get a notorized document from a credited source that would stand up in court.

I'm sorry but we have been living together for 5 years and have a daughter together now. And due to the fact that a divorce like in this case takes a lot money and at those times he didnt have the money nor did I to help him out right away.
EXCUSES. He is daddy. The notarized document means NOTHING. You may be living with him but your daughter qualifies as a ******* as she was born outside of marriage. Legally that is what she is. And you are an adulterer sleeping with a married man. As for divorce -- it doesn't cost that much. That is an excuse. He could have filed pro se. It will cost a whole heck of a lot more now that he has a baby with his wife and a baby with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">