• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Med School, Owe Child Support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anon26

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My friend is in medical school (first year). Can a court order him to quit school and get a job in order to pay child support when he divorces his wife?

VeronicaGia

anon26 said:

My friend is in medical school (first year). Can a court order him to quit school and get a job in order to pay child support when he divorces his wife?
They can't order him to quit school, but the can order him to seek work.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
anon26 said:

Nah. The kids don't need to eat, wear clothes or have a roof over their heads while he's in school. :rolleyes:

(edit) Okay, that was pretty sarcastic. But really - he has to support his kids. Both of them do.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Now frineds, he's going to medical school to learn how he got the kids in the first place, he is sooooooo confused :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">