• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicaid fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony tiger

Texas :confused: My ex-wife is using medicaid instead of the insurance that I provide. Doe's medicaid then turn around and add it to my child support?

Gracie3787

tony tiger said:
Texas :confused: My ex-wife is using medicaid instead of the insurance that I provide. Doe's medicaid then turn around and add it to my child support?
Depending on the circumstances, what youe ex is doing is probably medicaid fraud and you should report it ASAP. Take your court order and proof of coverage to medicaid office and tell them the whole story. They will take care of the problem, and if they don't, you should go back into court to modify to have ins. cost removed from support because it isn't right that you pay, and taxpayers pay also.
Good luck.
Gracie :)

Phnx02

Gracie3787 said:
Depending on the circumstances, what youe ex is doing is probably medicaid fraud and you should report it ASAP. Take your court order and proof of coverage to medicaid office and tell them the whole story. They will take care of the problem, and if they don't, you should go back into court to modify to have ins. cost removed from support because it isn't right that you pay, and taxpayers pay also.
Good luck.
Gracie :)
Not necessarily. A person can have both private insurance and medicaid at the same time if they're poor enough to qualify for the medicaid. In this case, the private insurance should be billed first and then medicaid will pick up any co-pays and any portion the private insurance didn't cover. Sometimes this is a simple billing/paperwork error and if so, does not constitute fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">