• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicaid while on insurance??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ceara19 said:
Dad should be able to call Health and Human Services and find out (as long as the court order states he has access to medical records.) It's not fraud unless mom lied on the application. As long as Dad didn’t sign anything, he has nothing to worry about. I'm not sure what type of cross-reference check is done when applying for CHIPS, but it should be similar to the process for Medicaid.

Just because a person, especially a child, has private insurance, they are not automatically ineligible for subsidized aid. However, private insurance should ALWAYS be used as pri**** above any government programs.

If the child is on CHIPS, dad should have a copy of the card in case he ever has to bring the child to the doctor or hospital during visitation. I don’t know what kind of relationship you have with mom, but you could just ask mom if there is any info you might need to have in case of a medical or other emergency.

Our hearing is January 9th. She is supposed to bring proof of any other medical help with her to the hearing. I just don't know what will happen. It looks like they don't make any money because they have free rent and utilities with her husband's job. That really makes me feel like my husband is already paying enough child support!!!!

ceara19

usedstepmom said:
Our hearing is January 9th. She is supposed to bring proof of any other medical help with her to the hearing. I just don't know what will happen. It looks like they don't make any money because they have free rent and utilities with her husband's job. That really makes me feel like my husband is already paying enough child support!!!!
As long as what your husband is paying is within the state guidelines, you shouldn't feel bad. The CO only determines the MINIMUM amount you have to pay each month. If you can afford it and feel like you should, there is nothing stopping you from paying MORE. In most cases, I personally don't think it's a good idea though.

Health and Human Services goes by more than just income. They will take the income she & her current husband earn, CS received and paid, housing, utilities, car payment, insurance, etc. So their income will appear HIGHER than it is, because they will not have housing and utility expenses deducted.

jjclewell

Question Similiar To This One Re: Meidcaid/Private Ins. Non Custodial Parent

If the father (non custodial parent) is required to provide health insurance for the children but cannot afford to do so, and the mother (custodial parent) already has CHIP for one child and Medicaid for the other, but the state is still trying to make the father provide health insurance... He applied for CHIP and Medicaid for the children himself, and likely would qualify financially to get them covered, but was denied due to the mother already having them covered. He is currently trying to appeal the court order for exactly that reason, but in the mean time, his employer is required by the state to force him to get the insurance offered by the employer. Between the child support that is already being garnished from his wages, now they are going to take double that to cover insurance as well, will leave him with little to no income left after both.

How can he get the children covered by Medicaid/CHIP which he would qualify to do, if he is being denied because the mom already has them covered. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm trying to help him figure out what steps to take in the mean time while waiting for the appeal to go through.

LdiJ

If the father (non custodial parent) is required to provide health insurance for the children but cannot afford to do so, and the mother (custodial parent) already has CHIP for one child and Medicaid for the other, but the state is still trying to make the father provide health insurance... He applied for CHIP and Medicaid for the children himself, and likely would qualify financially to get them covered, but was denied due to the mother already having them covered. He is currently trying to appeal the court order for exactly that reason, but in the mean time, his employer is required by the state to force him to get the insurance offered by the employer. Between the child support that is already being garnished from his wages, now they are going to take double that to cover insurance as well, will leave him with little to no income left after both.

How can he get the children covered by Medicaid/CHIP which he would qualify to do, if he is being denied because the mom already has them covered. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm trying to help him figure out what steps to take in the mean time while waiting for the appeal to go through.
Please do not necropost or hijack an existing thread. Please start your own thread for your questions. You have responded to a thread that is 11 years old.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">