• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meltim

What is the name of your st TN

Hello,
My husbands divorce papers state he pays 100% of all uninsured medical, dental, etc. She pays the insurance premiums. She says the 2 minor children need braces and will go get them soon. We can't afford this expense, even in payments along with child support, college tuition for oldest son and their medical bills. When we try to talk to her about paying 1/2, she laughed and said no. If she goes and does this, and puts my husband down as financially responsible, is there anyway we can fight it?ate?

VeronicaGia

meltim said:
What is the name of your st TN

Hello,
My husbands divorce papers state he pays 100% of all uninsured medical, dental, etc. She pays the insurance premiums. She says the 2 minor children need braces and will go get them soon. We can't afford this expense, even in payments along with child support, college tuition for oldest son and their medical bills. When we try to talk to her about paying 1/2, she laughed and said no. If she goes and does this, and puts my husband down as financially responsible, is there anyway we can fight it?ate?
Is there a court order for college for the oldest? If not, time for that adult (child) to get a job, apply for loans and grants and scholarships. If so, maybe your husband should take this to court to see if out of pocket medical can be split, with a court order.

meltim

There is a court order for 1/2 of all college related expenses for a 4 yr college for all 3 boys. Others are ages 15 & 13. We asked mom about student loans and she said NO, he is not going to be in debt when he graduates. The divorce papers does say she provides major medical, hospitalization and dental on children and he pays 100% of all uninsured, including orthodontics. But, is orthodontics not a major dental procedure? And shouldn't her dental insurance cover a percentage of this procedure? I have also read somewhere that she can take them to whichever orthodontist she wants because she is custodial parent, and we have to pay whatever the cost is. This doesn't sound fair.
My ex husband carries our 2 daughters on his insurance and we split the uninsured 50/50, according to our divorce papers. But although my 1/2 of the bills are paid up, I am still receiving his 1/2 and he refuses to pay them. Do I have to pay this and sue him for contempt or since they come in his name, is he legally responsible? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">