• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texasmom68

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? texas

My friend's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. The father is only 16 and his family has agreed to pay half of the medical costs associated with the pregnancy and delivery. However, the kids no longer have a relationship and my friend is worried that they may try to back out of paying. Are they legally responsible for the bills since their son is the father?

LdiJ

texasmom68 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? texas

My friend's 17 year old daughter is pregnant. The father is only 16 and his family has agreed to pay half of the medical costs associated with the pregnancy and delivery. However, the kids no longer have a relationship and my friend is worried that they may try to back out of paying. Are they legally responsible for the bills since their son is the father?
Legally responsible? No. Not without a court order from a judge stating that.

Content

LdiJ said:
Legally responsible? No. Not without a court order from a judge stating that.

Just to add to this the chances of a judge ordering this before the birth of a child is very slim. Until the child is born and a DNA test is done and legal paternity is established he's not technically the father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">