• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical bills under 3 party insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcmdream

What is the name of your state?I live in RI. My husband has garnishment child support order paid 2 wks ahead for last 4yrs and order to provide insurance and to pay half all uncovered medical bills. He has had order in place for 16 yrs. Child will be 18 in Jan. We have not paid medical bills his ex-wife has submitted to us in last 3 years due to the fact that bills name her live-in boyfriend as the guarantor and/or are being paid via his insurance rather than the insurance my husband provides for his daughter. We have no court order to repay a 3rd party so can not use support order to gain billing transcripts and insurance benifit records to verify these medical bills. His ex-wife is a trained medical transcriptionist and we find it very necessary to verify bills before any payment is sent. Also can the courts make us pay these bills to his ex-wife since the insurance is her live-in boyfriends not hers or my husbands? Also, we have been under state medical assistance ourselves last 4 yrs even though we still provide insurance for his daughter. Also another question what is likelyhood of the courts making support order continue past Jan when she turns 18 till until she graduates in June? Can they change support order to be paid directly to her when she turns 18 in such a case; since we would not know if she moved out of mother's home prior to graduation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">