• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical expenses - child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave00048

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx

My divorce decree states that myself and spouse "shall each provide medical support and health care coverage for each child." The decree also states
that I "am ordered to include and maintain each child in my health insurance available through my employer." It also states later in the decree that medical expenses not covered by insurance are split between us 50/50.

My question is who pays the monthly premium I pay for the children to my employer?

Thanks in advance.

David

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx

My divorce decree states that myself and spouse "shall each provide medical support and health care coverage for each child." The decree also states
that I "am ordered to include and maintain each child in my health insurance available through my employer." It also states later in the decree that medical expenses not covered by insurance are split between us 50/50.

My question is who pays the monthly premium I pay for the children to my employer?

Thanks in advance.

David
Since it sounds like you are both required to provide health insurance, you would each pay for your own.

OHRoadwarrior

I suggest you discuss the wisdom of working together to provide the insurance, by both of you splitting the cost of the insurance. It does not appear, from your post, that ex has the option of providing through an employer and is ordered to provide in another manner. Splitting the cost with you, would fulfill that order.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You should get credit for it in the state child support calculations. Thats how it works in Nebraska.
NEBRASKA is NOT TEXAS. As the states have different laws and ways of figuring CS, your comment is not only erroneous but UNHELPFUL. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">