• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical insurance/bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carla2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
Hi: I have two questions: 1.) My fiancee's ex mailed him some copies of some medical bills from recently and some dating back to as old as 4/06. Isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on how long she can hold these bills and then ask for half of what the insurance didn't cover? Bills are random and some are for prescriptions, dental visits and doctor co-pays.

2.) My fiancee is not required in his divorce decree to carry medical insurance on his kids. However, he chooses to in order to pick up anything that his ex's primary insurance doesn't cover. Consequently, saving them both money. His decree states that anything the insurance doesn't cover that they each pay half. Wouldn't his additional expense of carrying extra medical coverage meet his 1/2 requirement? He also pays his court ordered child support of $396.00 every two weeks. How much more money can his ex get??? It seems to me something is wrong here. Can anyone help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">