• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical insurance coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KSSTEPMOM

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Kansas.
My husband has been divorced for 12yrs. He had been ordered to hold medical insurance for my stepdaughter.We have done so. The ex sent a letter to my husband stating we owe her money for pharmacy expenses from 4 scripts in 2004 & 1 in 2005 ..I carried the insurance in 2004, It had a program to cover some pharmacy. My husband carries our new insurance for 2005 and his has a prescription card..(she was given the insurance cards & information) What is the law about the ex not using our insurances available??? Are we liable for these expenses?? Is there a date clause , in which she has to send us the expenses as they occur? She waited 6mo.
Please help. :(

chatkat

My husbands ex does the same thing. She holds on to medical and perscriptions bills for up to 2 years before submitting them to us for reimbursement.

What do your husbands divorce papers say?

My husbands decree doesn't say anything about how long she has to request reimbursement, only, that my husband only has 30 days to reimburse her. My husbands papers also don't say anything about using covered providers or services.
In my resent custody case the papers are very different. My papers specifically state that my ex only has 30 days from the time of service to request reimbursement, and that I then have 30 days to reimburse him. The papers also have a clause concerning using covered providers and services.

"Except in an Emergency or if the other parent agreed in writing, if a party incurs health-care expenses for the child by using the services of heath-care providers not employeed by the HMO or approved by the PPO, the party incurring the services is ORDERED to pay ___% and the other party is ORDERED to pay ___%."
Each case would fill in the blanks according to their agreement.

If your husband is concerned about the frequency and amount of the medical expenses and your husbands papers do not currently have specific orders pertaining to medical expenses, then he should request a modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">