• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2boys

What is the name of your state? OH
Quick question:
I may be jumping the gun but I'm still waiting for the support officer to return my call from 3 days ago, so that I can ask some questions about the child support modification.
I am CP and have always maitained medical insurance on the children since their birth. Original order stated clearly that out-of-pocket expenses would be shared 50/50, NCP never paid.
New order states that I will be responsible for maintaining medical insurance on the children under the NCMS(oh goodness, I don't remember the abbreviation, lol) code of Ohio.
Anyway there is no language about sharing out-of-pocket expenses, when I called the general answers center for CSEA, the representative said "it's up to the parents to sort that part out between themselves."
well, NCP and I do not speak in any way shape or form and try to stay out of the same buildings so how are we expected to "sort it out between ourselves".
and also NCP will not agree to anything that doesn't have the threat of jail-time attached to it, so am I left taking this to court?
there is a currently a ortho bill of $2800, eyeglasses, etc. that happened when the order was still 50/50 for out-of-pocket.

(that wasn't a quick was it, lol)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
2boys said:
What is the name of your state? OH
Quick question:
I may be jumping the gun but I'm still waiting for the support officer to return my call from 3 days ago, so that I can ask some questions about the child support modification.
I am CP and have always maitained medical insurance on the children since their birth. Original order stated clearly that out-of-pocket expenses would be shared 50/50, NCP never paid.
New order states that I will be responsible for maintaining medical insurance on the children under the NCMS(oh goodness, I don't remember the abbreviation, lol) code of Ohio.
Anyway there is no language about sharing out-of-pocket expenses, when I called the general answers center for CSEA, the representative said "it's up to the parents to sort that part out between themselves."
well, NCP and I do not speak in any way shape or form and try to stay out of the same buildings so how are we expected to "sort it out between ourselves".
and also NCP will not agree to anything that doesn't have the threat of jail-time attached to it, so am I left taking this to court?
there is a currently a ortho bill of $2800, eyeglasses, etc. that happened when the order was still 50/50 for out-of-pocket.

(that wasn't a quick was it, lol)
If the new order only changed the medical insurance then it goes back to the other order. What isn't changed stays the same. So it should still be at 50/50. However without seeing your order that is an educated guess of what you should be paying for out of pocket.

VeronicaGia

And in any case, if the bills incurred prior to the new order, send him the bills registered, certified, return receipt requested. If he doesn't start paying within 30 days, take him to court for contempt.

2boys

Ohiogal said:
If the new order only changed the medical insurance then it goes back to the other order. What isn't changed stays the same. So it should still be at 50/50. However without seeing your order that is an educated guess of what you should be paying for out of pocket.
sorry, no PC at home.
the new order increased child support amount, as well. I was informed that the increase "compensates" me for carrying the children on my insurance, which seemed rather strange but then again, I've learned take child support officers with a grain of salt until I can confirm elsewhere.
I've been ordered to provide their medical, dental and vision, which is no problem since I had always done so and also since he says he has no insurance.
the language was just rather stiff and unclear.

2boys

VeronicaGia said:
And in any case, if the bills incurred prior to the new order, send him the bills registered, certified, return receipt requested. If he doesn't start paying within 30 days, take him to court for contempt.
ah, thanks veronica.
yes, CSEA told me what the procedure is and I am in the process of doing that now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">