• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical- statute of limitations??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wisconsin

Is there any kind of statute of limitations for CP to turn over medical bills to a NCP?

My situation: I was the NCP, then my ex threw my son out of the house and son came to live with me. I had to take ex back to court for stopping my child support to him and starting child support to me. My ex then threw in $2,000 worth of medical bills that he says is my portion that I owe him since 2004. Mind you, I never received ANY bills, EOB's from the insurance or any notification in the last 5 years of ANY medical. My divorce decree does state that I am responsible for half of all medical, but please, to give me a $2,000 bill over the last 5 years that I know nothing about?? At our last hearing, ex didn't have copies for me and the judge gave him until 3/1/09 to provide to me to look over and then if I disagree with anything, I am to ask for another hearing. Is there anything I can do about this?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wisconsin

Is there any kind of statute of limitations for CP to turn over medical bills to a NCP?

My situation: I was the NCP, then my ex threw my son out of the house and son came to live with me. I had to take ex back to court for stopping my child support to him and starting child support to me. My ex then threw in $2,000 worth of medical bills that he says is my portion that I owe him since 2004. Mind you, I never received ANY bills, EOB's from the insurance or any notification in the last 5 years of ANY medical. My divorce decree does state that I am responsible for half of all medical, but please, to give me a $2,000 bill over the last 5 years that I know nothing about?? At our last hearing, ex didn't have copies for me and the judge gave him until 3/1/09 to provide to me to look over and then if I disagree with anything, I am to ask for another hearing. Is there anything I can do about this?
Wait for 3/1, look over the copies, and ask for another hearing if you disagree with anything.

So, basically your saying I have to bite the bullet and if the charges look legitimate, then I will probably have to pay no matter that ex took 5 years to provide the bills??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">