• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical support breakdown

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gooddadof4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I am the CP. About 2 years ago NCP was ordered to pay $255/mo in CS and $230 for medical sppt. NCP does not have med ins available and therefore has to reimburst me for the cost of the premiums for our son.

I pay $140 bi-weekly for employee & child. The employee only rate is $30 bi-weekly, so our that is how our laywers came up with this $230 figure. About 8 months ago my current wife & I had a set of twins, so I now cover myself and all 3 children. My current wife has her own policy through her employer. The costs of the ins has not changed because it is the same for 1 child or 10 children, but NCP would now like me to divide the cost of the ins by 3 since I have added additional children to the policy.

She already pays an amount of CS that is significantly below TX CS guidelines, so I feel that we should leave the ins cost alone and call it a wash, but legally speaking how would the state of TX look at the insurance issue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">