• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Father's Financial Obligation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bounderdon

What is the name of your state?California. Father and mother are both minors. Does minor father's parents have any financial obligation to the mother and child?

rmet4nzkx

stealth2 said:
Nope. But the minor father has an obligation to help support his child.
And guess where he is going to try to get money? How old is he? does he work? Is he still in school?

bounderdon

rmet4nzkx said:
And guess where he is going to try to get money? How old is he? does he work? Is he still in school?
Still in school. Doesn't work. I gather from the replies so far that he or his parents have no legal obligation to help support the child. Sounds wrong to me. If he was was driving and had an accident his parents would be held liable but they have no legal responsibility if he gets some girl pregrant.

nextwife

How old is this child/mom? Perhaps all parties should consider whether these minor parents should be parenting a child at their ages? There are alternatives that would allow this baby to have financially/emotionally mature adults as parents instead of kids raising kids.

S

seniorjudge

If he was was driving and had an accident his parents would be held liable but they have no legal responsibility if he gets some girl pregrant.

Nope for either one. Get the child support folks after the little prick.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
bounderdon said:
I gather from the replies so far that he or his parents have no legal obligation to help support the child.
Where did you infer this from? HIS PARENTS have no obligation, but HE does - as I stated in the very first reply you got.

S

seniorjudge

stealth2 said:
Where did you infer this from? HIS PARENTS have no obligation, but HE does - as I stated in the very first reply you got.
Amen and amen.

AND just because he is a minor doesn't mean the child support folks won't go after him.

bounderdon

seniorjudge said:
Amen and amen.

AND just because he is a minor doesn't mean the child support folks won't go after him.
A 15 year old kid still in school that doesn't work? If his parents have no legal obligation they are not going to get much out of the father. Maybe later when he gets a job but by that time he probably will be long gone.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
bounderdon said:
A 15 year old kid still in school that doesn't work? If his parents have no legal obligation they are not going to get much out of the father. Maybe later when he gets a job but by that time he probably will be long gone.
You seem to have some comprehension problems. I'll try to type this s-l-o-w-l-y and maybe you can try to read it the same way, m'kay?

Little boy knocked up his girlfriend.
Little boy is a daddy.
Little boy will be required by the court to pay some amount of support for his child - probably based on a part-time job after school.
Little boy's parents can either make him work or pay his support obligation.
Little boy's parents did an abysmal job raising Little boy.

Little girl thinks playing Mommy will be fun.
Little girl is in for rude awakening.
Little girl's parents can help her raise and support her child.
Little girl's parents did an equally abysmal job raising Little girl.

Baby child is in for a hell of a rough life thanks to Little girl, Little boy and the abysmal parents.

Got it? Good.

Silverplum

stealth2 said:
You seem to have some comprehension problems. I'll try to type this s-l-o-w-l-y and maybe you can try to read it the same way, m'kay?

Little boy knocked up his girlfriend.
Little boy is a daddy.
Little boy will be required by the court to pay some amount of support for his child - probably based on a part-time job after school.
Little boy's parents can either make him work or pay his support obligation.
Little boy's parents did an abysmal job raising Little boy.

Little girl thinks playing Mommy will be fun.
Little girl is in for rude awakening.
Little girl's parents can help her raise and support her child.
Little girl's parents did an equally abysmal job raising Little girl.

Baby child is in for a hell of a rough life thanks to Little girl, Little boy and the abysmal parents.

Got it? Good.
Hey, it HURTS to spit coffee out of my nose!!
:D

S

seniorjudge

bounderdon said:
The child support folks will be after him the rest of his life OR until the kid turns 18 OR the guy pays his child support in full.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">