• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mis-lead

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qbrooks

What is the name of your state? Michigan

There was a child born 7 years ago that I believed was mine. I signed what I believed to be the birth certificate. After the child was born I did not see or here from the mother or child until 7 years later. In between this time I recieved papers from the F.O.C When I was directed to pay child support I requested for a DNA test. I was denied the right to and informed that I had signed something called an affidavit of parentage. About 6 months ago I finally saw the child for the first time since her birth. With the belief that this was my child I started to spend time with her. This created difficulties in my relationship and was requested to get a DNA test done personally. I abliged the request and recieved the results of 0.00% chance that the child was mine. Now that I have discovered that this is not my child through DNA evidence, how can I stop the child support that is being taken automatically because the mother is on state assistant. Please help with any possible legal course of action that I can take to halt payments of child support. Thanks

misslawli

You are probably out of luck. On the affidavit of paternity it says if you sign the form you waive your right to a DNA test. Or at least the one I signed said that. Your best bet is to file for visitaion and partial custody. You are the only dad she has. you have a relationship with her now. Since you will continue to pay CS then have a wonderful life as her daddy. Leagally you ARE her father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">