• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mississippi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sules

I recieve assistance thru my state and child support thru a court order in my divorce papers. The agreement between me and my spouse is that he would pay the house note instead of child support cause child support is less than the house note but its considered child support. the state wants me to go thru them so they can get a percentage I guess but that will decrease the amount that I recieve from my spouse and my house note will not be met. is there any way I can keep things as it is with them. is it really mandatory that i go thru them.

Isis1

I recieve assistance thru my state and child support thru a court order in my divorce papers. The agreement between me and my spouse is that he would pay the house note instead of child support cause child support is less than the house note but its considered child support. the state wants me to go thru them so they can get a percentage I guess but that will decrease the amount that I recieve from my spouse and my house note will not be met. is there any way I can keep things as it is with them. is it really mandatory that i go thru them.
the state will not let go of your case because you receive assistance.

want to go outside CSE, stop getting state assistance. then you and ex can agree on anything you want.

sules

you seem to be hostile and im sorry for that.The reason I am on assistance is because i need the help with insurance. I am divorced taking on load by myself. If I did not need the assistance I would not be on it . I work two jobs to take care of my family. My ex pay the house note to make sure the kids have a roof over their head. The child support he would have had to pay would have been much less than the house note. He and I had it fixed in the divorce papers that child support would be the house note. The state says I have to go thru them to keep the insurance. I wanna know is it true that I have to go thru them in order to keep the insurance? Is that legal?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
you seem to be hostile and im sorry for that.The reason I am on assistance is because i need the help with insurance. I am divorced taking on load by myself. If I did not need the assistance I would not be on it . I work two jobs to take care of my family. My ex pay the house note to make sure the kids have a roof over their head. The child support he would have had to pay would have been much less than the house note. He and I had it fixed in the divorce papers that child support would be the house note. The state says I have to go thru them to keep the insurance. I wanna know is it true that I have to go thru them in order to keep the insurance? Is that legal?
Why do you think the taxpayers of Mississippi want to pay the insurance for your child(ren)?

Isis1

yes. it is legal. once you apply for ANY state assistance, either medical, foodstamps or cash assistance, the state owns your child support order. they want to be sure the child support is being paid to it's fullest.

if child support is lower then the house note, then you and dad can agree to the child support amount being the same amount as the house note with the child support enforcement.

or dad could give you the difference directly in addition to the ordered child support amount. you would still need to report those monies to CSE. and to state assistance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">