• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mississippi Child Support Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnson77070

What is the name of your state Mississippi...

I live in Texas but my child lives in Mississippi. Mississippi law says if I am 2 months behind on my child support they can have my license suspended. Can they have my Texas license suspended?

Just moved out to Texas and trying to start over. I am trying my best to pay but work is slow right now and I do not want my license to be suspended or go to jail. My ex wifes friend said if I am a day late they could put me in jail, but Im in Texas and how can I go to jail for being a day late?

Just need some help.

Alex1176

What is the name of your state Mississippi...

I live in Texas but my child lives in Mississippi. Mississippi law says if I am 2 months behind on my child support they can have my license suspended. Can they have my Texas license suspended?

Just moved out to Texas and trying to start over. I am trying my best to pay but work is slow right now and I do not want my license to be suspended or go to jail. My ex wifes friend said if I am a day late they could put me in jail, but Im in Texas and how can I go to jail for being a day late?

Just need some help.
Just one thing: Never ever take legal advice from your ex or her BF.
Why did you move to Texas? How did you lost your job? Do you receive UI benefits? Why didn't you file for CS modification?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">