• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misunderstood about modification...OHIO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdbaby91

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I do not know how to find old threads so I will apologize about this. Most of you are regulars and will remember the mess I made in the first post...
Anyhow, this is about the anger, and modifications post i had before, I guess it wasn't a couple of dollars difference in the child support modification but like .09 CENTS!!!!!!or it would decrease.
I had put $ in my post because that was how I understood her.
Can he try and appeal the modification decision when it is .09 short of being over the 10% decrease IF it hasn't been through the Ohio standard guidelines before?
The ex told my friend that he was going to the attorney on Monday and because it had gone through court there is only like 15 days to appeal it and she doesn't want to pay an attorney if CSEA is going to say 10% is 10%.
But since there is only .09 making the cs to be decreased she is concerned they may give in to him...
I know this is another rough draft and I apologize now!
Thanks for your time and next time I'll have her do her own posts.

rmet4nzkx

kdbaby91 said:
I do not know how to find old threads so I will apologize about this. Most of you are regulars and will remember the mess I made in the first post...
Anyhow, this is about the anger, and modifications post i had before, I guess it wasn't a couple of dollars difference in the child support modification but like .09 CENTS!!!!!!or it would decrease.
Can he try and appeal the modification decision when it is .09 short of being over the 10% decrease IF it hasn't been through the Ohio standard guidelines before?
The ex told my friend that he was going to the attorney on Monday and because it had gone through court there is only like 15 days to appeal it and she doesn't want to pay an attorney if CSEA is going to say 10% is 10%.
But since there is only .09 making the cs to be decreased she is concerned they may give in to him...
Your other thread, https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=324811 is locked, so if you can't open it, then admin locked it.

GrowUp!

kdbaby91 said:
Was there a support order in place before? (I didn't bother re-visiting your other thread).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
GrowUp! said:
Was there a support order in place before? (I didn't bother re-visiting your other thread).
Yes there is. It is $150 a week which they meant to pay only $600 a month or $7200 a year but when it worked out CP actually gets $150 a week for every week including the months that have five weeks. Now they are all whining and my answer still remains the same. IT IS NOT ALLOWED DUE TO THE MODIFICATION NECESSARY OF 10%. It is not more than that. He needs to suck it up. She needs to grow up. And they need to quit the fricking fighting.
OP answer doesn't change for the same reasons. THEY BOTH AGREED! It was an agreement. He had the chance to check into what the guidelines would have done. So did she. They didn't. They now have to deal. And your friend needs to grow up and realize she slept with this guy, she chose him, she better decide to get along with him and vice versa.

kdbaby91

summary of other post

the original agreement was:
decided between mom and dad at time of dissolution to set in place cs amount of $600 being $125 a week, however this was only worded in the order as $125 a week. They decided to do it by personal check so there would be no delay. After two years Mom(my friend that I am posting for) gets mad at ncp and takes it to cs to try and get two years of back support along with current support. Proof of checks nixes the chances of back support BUT does increase the court order to $650 a month.
150 *4*12=$7200(agreed on amount)
150*52=$7800(amount figured by csea)
NCP not wanting to start trouble let it go, decided to pay the csea amount and not fight it.
Then someone told mom that she should try to get a cs modification. This order went through court and was a number the two of them had agreed to. On paper when the numbers were run under Ohio guidelines the amount had changed from $650 a month to $585.09, .09 from being decreades. Now NCP has told mom that he is appealing the modification because it was never put through Ohio guidelines. He tells her that since she has gone against the agreement by trying to get it raised that he is going to go ahead and get it lowered.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In all honesty, THIS is why a lot of people complain about third parties posting for friends. You don't know all the details, and what you DO have is posted in a way that's difficult to decipher. Tell your friend to come here herself and post her information. Then maybe someone can help her better.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Silverplum said:
Then I send you this: :) :) :) :) :) :)

And a big thank you for all the good work you do here, for free. :)
Thank you. Its going to be a long time until February 14th. I appreciate the smiley faces :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">