• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misuse of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madbristow

If the custodial parent is misusing the child support they are paid how would one go about having that investigated?

In this case the custodial parent does not have a job and has not had one since prior to the custody agreement. From what I have observed the custodial parent does not spend the money to take care of the child and their bills are less overall than the amount of support received. However the custodial parent always seems to have new electronics and cigarettes at for their use. Any time the child receives things like clothing, toys, learning materials, ect; it comes from another member of the family.

We are in the state of Kansas in case that has any bearing on the related law/s.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the custodial parent is misusing the child support they are paid how would one go about having that investigated?

In this case the custodial parent does not have a job and has not had one since prior to the custody agreement. From what I have observed the custodial parent does not spend the money to take care of the child and their bills are less overall than the amount of support received. However the custodial parent always seems to have new electronics and cigarettes at for their use. Any time the child receives things like clothing, toys, learning materials, ect; it comes from another member of the family.

We are in the state of Kansas in case that has any bearing on the related law/s.
Kansas is pretty firm (as are all other states) in their opinion that, so long as the child has his/her basic needs of food and shelter met, then it's none of your business how the recipient spends the money.

(For the record, I'm gonna buy an airplane when my check comes in.)

Just Blue

Who are you in this situation?:confused:

madbristow

Kansas is pretty firm (as are all other states) in their opinion that, so long as the child has his/her basic needs of food and shelter met, then it's none of your business how the recipient spends the money.

What about in an instance where it is clear that the child is not getting those things from the parent, but from some other source?

SESmama

I thought it was an island. You know, with a beach and cabanas. So you can all vaca. ..

SESmama

What about in an instance where it is clear that the child is not getting those things from the parent, but from some other source?
Does the child eat?
Does the child have clothing?
Does the child have a roof over his/her head?
Heat?
Power?

Yes?
Then no

TinkerBelleLuvr

Does the child have food? shelter? utilities that are used? clothing?

The needs are met.

The end.

If the person paying the child support has further questions, they are more than welcome to come ask the question.

Proserpina

And we know what the CP is spending and on what....how?

BL

Gee , I showed up to visit,and I seen 5 guys and the X passed out with beer cans all over ,lil hids in soiled diapers not fed. I was told none you'res about mt CS payments . She has a right to have parties. Blaaa.....Nother time ,nother place ,no diapers ,had to con****ed one up for the lil one crying in the crib.

None a my bussiness . Fact a life.

A vacation would be nice.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You'd get one if you'd stop checking yourself out of the hospital!
If he keeps checking himself out he may end up on an eternal journey. :mad: Come on, BL. QUIT checking yourself out AMA. Take care of yourself. This forum has lost quite a few contributors. We don't need to lose another senior due to their own stupidity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">