• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcenery89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I opened my child support case july of last year and it was only finalized april 2015. my ex was set to pay 819 and during the last 6 months he has changed jobs (quit on his own) 3 times, never informed domestic relations anytime he has ( I always did when I found out ) and is now 3 months behind since he quit his last job and they couldn't wage attach him anymore. Now 2 weeks after quitting his last job he filed for modification and got a job under the table ( I found out and told DRS but they cant do anything about it) meanwhile from when the judged signed the order in April he had 20 days to tell the DRS he disagreed with this and he didn't.

Little backround.. he worked for goodyear tire and rubber for almost 5 years making 20/hour and quit that job for a part time job making LIKELY 9.50 per hour as a security guard. He went from one goodyear location he was at for 4.5 years, to another location for a couple months and then just stopped showing up. ( I called him at work to see if he was attending the appointment for our younger son and his boss told me he has not been seen or heard from in a week and was then fired that day for no shows).

I work full time and make a good amount of money now as I wasn't able to work for quite sometime and wasn't receiving child support to help pay for child care until I got my first paycheck. but can they force him to get a job and place him at his prior earning capacity or will he get away scott free not paying child support? My conference is in 2 weeks and I just want to be prepared. I have proof of all my income and his income ( paystubs and w2s while we were together ) to prove his stability of that one job. Has anyone ever gone through this is PA? Outcome?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I opened my child support case july of last year and it was only finalized april 2015. my ex was set to pay 819 and during the last 6 months he has changed jobs (quit on his own) 3 times, never informed domestic relations anytime he has ( I always did when I found out ) and is now 3 months behind since he quit his last job and they couldn't wage attach him anymore. Now 2 weeks after quitting his last job he filed for modification and got a job under the table ( I found out and told DRS but they cant do anything about it) meanwhile from when the judged signed the order in April he had 20 days to tell the DRS he disagreed with this and he didn't.

Little backround.. he worked for goodyear tire and rubber for almost 5 years making 20/hour and quit that job for a part time job making LIKELY 9.50 per hour as a security guard. He went from one goodyear location he was at for 4.5 years, to another location for a couple months and then just stopped showing up. ( I called him at work to see if he was attending the appointment for our younger son and his boss told me he has not been seen or heard from in a week and was then fired that day for no shows).

I work full time and make a good amount of money now as I wasn't able to work for quite sometime and wasn't receiving child support to help pay for child care until I got my first paycheck. but can they force him to get a job and place him at his prior earning capacity or will he get away scott free not paying child support? My conference is in 2 weeks and I just want to be prepared. I have proof of all my income and his income ( paystubs and w2s while we were together ) to prove his stability of that one job. Has anyone ever gone through this is PA? Outcome?
No, the court cannot force him to get a job.

You can request that he is imputed a wage equal to 40 hours @min wage, or 40 hours @what he's capable of earning.

That's your recourse.

LdiJ

No, the court cannot force him to get a job.

You can request that he is imputed a wage equal to 40 hours @min wage, or 40 hours @what he's capable of earning.

That's your recourse.
I agree, but I will also add that sometimes people just cannot deal with the reality of paying child support and they will do everything in their power, including permanently tanking their own financial lives, just to avoid paying. That kind of sounds like what your ex is doing.

single317dad

Many times problems like this are rooted in the divorce itself. Depression, drug and alcohol addiction, sometimes folks just have a hard time dealing with life after marriage.

If Dad is having any of these problems, maybe a little help getting him in the right direction will make everyone happier in the end. More flies with honey, and all that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">