• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedIL

What is the name of your state? IL

I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY A RIDICULOUS QUESTION!

If the divorce agreement states that the NCP agrees to supply the CP with his taxes every year, and the CP is constantly harrassing the NCP for this information starting with Jan first of ea. year, is there anyway this can be changed? He isn't hiding anything, but we just got our taxes done last week! If/when they go to court for something, can he ask to have this changed? I know you all probably think I'm being ridiculous and wonder what he's hiding. He's not hiding anything. Its just the fact that she's constantly calling harrassing about stuff, college, C.S. after receiving 1k a mnth for one child. Its ridiculous.

Just Blue

worriedIL said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY A RIDICULOUS QUESTION!

If the divorce agreement states that the NCP agrees to supply the CP with his taxes every year, and the CP is constantly harrassing the NCP for this information starting with Jan first of ea. year, is there anyway this can be changed? He isn't hiding anything, but we just got our taxes done last week! If/when they go to court for something, can he ask to have this changed? I know you all probably think I'm being ridiculous and wonder what he's hiding. He's not hiding anything. Its just the fact that she's constantly calling harrassing about stuff, college, C.S. after receiving 1k a mnth for one child. Its ridiculous.

You are WAY too involved with this whole thing...It does seem like the ex is a pain in the butt....But you know this, so stop complaining about her!! You have a choice NOT to be in this situation, you know! ...Plan on dealing with her for the next 10 or 12 years if you marry him...(that is if he marries you....I think you said before that he was against marrage because of the ex!)....IF you stay with him, I really think for you own sake, that you should back off....Let him deal with this crap...;)

Just a lil' girl to girl advice....I will say no more...:eek:

worriedIL

Your opinions are just that, opinions. Are you married? Do you have children? Does your husband have an ex? I appreciate your thoughts on me being too involved, but Im not too involved. These are OUR issues. Im sorry if you dont seem to agree. I've received your advice on running, but Im not going to do that. Is it a crime to findout what his rights are? He asks these questions and they make me wonder so I come here and ask. Its not like I do this behind his back. Yes, the ex is a pain in the butt... but should that keep me from being w/ someone I want to be with? Keep me from being a part of his life and his daughters life? There are no handbooks on relationships, obviously. I dont think anything I do is a crime. Again, yes the ex is a headache, but you have to take the good with the bad. My question was and still is, is there anything that can be done? Can this be changed. YOu seem angry and aggravated. Im not, I just want to know. No it's not easy for me dealing with these things but this is the choice I have made, and this is a place I can come to for answers to my questions.

Mediate This!

worriedIL said:
Your opinions are just that, opinions. Are you married? Do you have children? Does your husband have an ex? I appreciate your thoughts on me being too involved, but Im not too involved. These are OUR issues. Im sorry if you dont seem to agree. I've received your advice on running, but Im not going to do that. Is it a crime to findout what his rights are? He asks these questions and they make me wonder so I come here and ask. Its not like I do this behind his back. Yes, the ex is a pain in the butt... but should that keep me from being w/ someone I want to be with? Keep me from being a part of his life and his daughters life? There are no handbooks on relationships, obviously. I dont think anything I do is a crime. Again, yes the ex is a headache, but you have to take the good with the bad. My question was and still is, is there anything that can be done? Can this be changed. YOu seem angry and aggravated. Im not, I just want to know. No it's not easy for me dealing with these things but this is the choice I have made, and this is a place I can come to for answers to my questions.
Listen chickee...you came here with a question and you got an answer. Obviously not one that suited you. Maybe you should be questioning your man as to why he was so stupid to put that type of language into the order.

They did get divorced didn't they? But yet, they each feel it's each of their business how much each make each year that they need to exchange tax information? Why DIVORCED COUPLES put this type of crap in orders amazes me. You are each moving on with your lives and there are certain (quite a few) things that are no longer the business of the other parents.

Can it be changed? yeah...but over some broad and vague language? Perhaps they should've included language that pegged a date. Better yet...maybe he should write her a letter telling her that he will exchange tax info with her once the taxes are filed and to NOT call to inquire or else.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
worriedIL said:
Okay you are too involved. Your SO needs to deal with HIS ex. You need to step away. And yes my SO has an ex and a child. And I am an attorney so I KNOW of what I speak in more ways than one.
As for college, she can ask all she wants about him paying for college. She can ask about the tax forms and what not as well. He may be able to get it modified to read that this information must be presented by February 28 or something of that nature. he really shouldn't go much later than that because of FAFSA forms (financial aid for college is first come first served) and other things concerning the children that require that information. Even with the date she can still ask. And ask. And ask. So you are not going to get the "asking" stopped. All the date would do is Clarify the order.

worriedIL

WHOAAAAAAAAAA! I am not complaining here AT ALL! I had a question and wanted an answer. Whether someone thinks I am too involved or not is not the question here. Is it? You dont understand how my bf is. HE'S LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Its the truth. A situation will arise and he'll say "can you go on that site for advice and ask about this". I say sure and I do. What's the BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

I agree w/ you on WHY THE HECK DID HE PUT THAT IN THE DIVORCE! But like I said HE'S LAZY and he DIDNT have an attny and thought that you had to show your income, I know stupid right. THIS IS WHY YOU GET AN ATTNY! Anyhow, whats done is done, and now of course he wants to know what can be done, so I thought I'd come here and ask. You are the only one that has answered my question. I guess I'll find another site to go to then. My god.

And chickee how does this response answer my question:
You are WAY too involved with this whole thing...It does seem like the ex is a pain in the butt....But you know this, so stop complaining about her!! You have a choice NOT to be in this situation, you know! ...Plan on dealing with her for the next 10 or 12 years if you marry him...(that is if he marries you....I think you said before that he was against marrage because of the ex!)....IF you stay with him, I really think for you own sake, that you should back off....Let him deal with this crap...

Just a lil' girl to girl advice....I will say no more...
Yesterday 07:00 PM

ALSO THE QUESTION WAS CAN THE AGREEMENT BE CHANGED THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SUPPLY HER W/ HIS TAXES EACH YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefid

Yes, it can be changed, but not likely... you have to go to court and convince the judge it needs to be changed. Based on your complaint, it will not happen. The easiest (and less expensive) is to do what I did when my ex started asking on Jan twenty-something... I told her to wait until Apr 15th as I wasn't going to give it to her a day before. Unfortunately I have it in my decree as well. The only reason they would be asking for it is an attempt to modify support in their favor... greedy ex... :p

What they don't realize is that it can only be changed so often and only in certain circumstances.

thefid

Last edited by a moderator:

worriedIL

Thank you very much. Thats all I was looking for. We dont care that she see's how much he makes, its the POINT that she needs to constantly find something to complain about. Good luck to you!

ceara19

worriedIL said:
WHOAAAAAAAAAA! I am not complaining here AT ALL! I had a question and wanted an answer. Whether someone thinks I am too involved or not is not the question here. Is it? You dont understand how my bf is. HE'S LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Its the truth. A situation will arise and he'll say "can you go on that site for advice and ask about this". I say sure and I do. What's the BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

I agree w/ you on WHY THE HECK DID HE PUT THAT IN THE DIVORCE! But like I said HE'S LAZY and he DIDNT have an attny and thought that you had to show your income, I know stupid right. THIS IS WHY YOU GET AN ATTNY! Anyhow, whats done is done, and now of course he wants to know what can be done, so I thought I'd come here and ask. You are the only one that has answered my question. I guess I'll find another site to go to then. My god.

And chickee how does this response answer my question:
You are WAY too involved with this whole thing...It does seem like the ex is a pain in the butt....But you know this, so stop complaining about her!! You have a choice NOT to be in this situation, you know! ...Plan on dealing with her for the next 10 or 12 years if you marry him...(that is if he marries you....I think you said before that he was against marrage because of the ex!)....IF you stay with him, I really think for you own sake, that you should back off....Let him deal with this crap...

Just a lil' girl to girl advice....I will say no more...
Yesterday 07:00 PM

ALSO THE QUESTION WAS CAN THE AGREEMENT BE CHANGED THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SUPPLY HER W/ HIS TAXES EACH YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you WANT to be with a lazy bum? That speaks volumes about your serious lack of judgement. :cool:

worriedIL

I didnt say he was a bum. He's a MAN! I don't need to defend my choices. I come here for LEGAL advice, apparently thats what I have been informed on this forum being for.

ceara19

worriedIL said:
I didnt say he was a bum. He's a MAN! I don't need to defend my choices. I come here for LEGAL advice, apparently thats what I have been informed on this forum being for.
Being a MAN is no excuse for being LAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">