• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrkndee

What is the name of your state? California

My husbands ex-girfriend requested modification of child support last July (2005). Due to her unwillingness to accept the fact that her support was going to be lowered she kept postponing the hearings until finally in February (2006) the reduced support order was put into effect. Today, June 7, 2006 we got ANOTHER request for modification requested by her.
Is there any way that we can request the court to put an order in place that prohibits her from requesting these modification every couple of months. We moved to Colorado and this is a financial burden to have to fly back to California every couple of months because she can't accept the facts. We would like to ask that she can only request a modification once a year or when there is a 25% or greater change in her income. My husband has another child support order from Utah that prohibts any modification unless there is a 20% difference in income, does California allow this as well?

ezmarelda

mrkndee said:
What is the name of your state? California

My husbands ex-girfriend requested modification of child support last July (2005). Due to her unwillingness to accept the fact that her support was going to be lowered she kept postponing the hearings until finally in February (2006) the reduced support order was put into effect. Today, June 7, 2006 we got ANOTHER request for modification requested by her.
Is there any way that we can request the court to put an order in place that prohibits her from requesting these modification every couple of months. We moved to Colorado and this is a financial burden to have to fly back to California every couple of months because she can't accept the facts. We would like to ask that she can only request a modification once a year or when there is a 25% or greater change in her income. My husband has another child support order from Utah that prohibts any modification unless there is a 20% difference in income, does California allow this as well?
try looking here http://www.childsup.cahwnet.gov/ or check with someone from your local CSEA I know there is something about how offten and/or % diffrent it has to be before they will change it but I can't remember or find the spiciffics right now:eek:

abstract99

It depends if she is actually appealing the modification or not. She has the legal right to apeal it. Check with your local state laws. Try googeling Cali child suport. There are a few people on here that are attorneys from CA so they would be more help. A lot of states say in the guidelines that there has to be at least a 15% change.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">