• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of Child Support Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kirardy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a child support order, originally from New York, I now live in Florida, as does my childs mother. My childs mother and myself have agreed that our daughter live with me. She has been with me now approx three weeks. I have tried to vacate my order of support, my childs mother also agrees that the child support payments should stop, as our daughter now lives with me. I cannot seem to get any information on what form to submit, or how to submit them. My ex-wife and I are in total aggreement, I want no child support from my ex-wife. I just want my payments to stop. Any help or information woul be a tremendous help. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a child support order, originally from New York, I now live in Florida, as does my childs mother. My childs mother and myself have agreed that our daughter live with me. She has been with me now approx three weeks. I have tried to vacate my order of support, my childs mother also agrees that the child support payments should stop, as our daughter now lives with me. I cannot seem to get any information on what form to submit, or how to submit them. My ex-wife and I are in total aggreement, I want no child support from my ex-wife. I just want my payments to stop. Any help or information woul be a tremendous help. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You'd need to file in NY, if NY still collects support. Generally, you do not have the right to waive support. Check on that fact while you're researching.

OCSE STATE PROFILE - View Page

"A child support order must be terminated in order to stop arrears from accruing. A Uniform Support Petition is required to bring the case before the court, as well as supporting documentation explaining why the order should be terminated."

So run a Google search for New York Child Support and a Uniform Support Petition.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And most likely it would be easier for mother to file to terminate the order as she is the one receiving the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">