• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvrkiddos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas has Jurisdiction

First of all I am the stepmom. My husband is going to court for modification of CS requested by the ex. What are the chances or how often to judges in this state give adjustments to CS? i.e. Long Distance Parenting, Income Tax and Parenting time adjustment for summer (SS is with us for at least 2 full months)

luvrkiddos

Thank you for the links but I've already read all this info and more. I ask because the guidelines specify that adjustments are at the judges discretion. He qualifies for the adjustments I've listed per the guidlines provided by KS. I'm just trying to find out if judges actually grant these adjustments or if it's something they don't like to do.

CSO286

Thank you for the links but I've already read all this info and more. I ask because the guidelines specify that adjustments are at the judges discretion. He qualifies for the adjustments I've listed per the guidlines provided by KS. I'm just trying to find out if judges actually grant these adjustments or if it's something they don't like to do.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't......

That's why the phrase "Juduciary Discretion" was invented.

Dad may want to talk to a local family law attorney to get an idea of the court's opinion on this. Some districts are very liberal handing out the credits and some are not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">