• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of custody and back child support issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MSWS

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma

My wife divorced her first husban in 1990,he has been court ordered to pay child support since the initial seperation order.In the first few years he either failed to pay anything or only made partial payments.Now the youngest son is 15 years old and wants to go live with his father.we would like to know if she can have the unpaid support deducted from what we will have to pay for child support and also where the burden of proof lays.

MSWS

Please People,We need some advice quickly,the lawyers in this area wont even return our calls because it's not a high money job,and Legle Aid is playing games about a consultation also.They said we had to wait until
Tues.,Feb.22,and call the m then.The court date is that day at 9am,we didn't recieve notice until last Tues.The paprs came by regular mail I guess for this they dont need a server.

MSWS

No she didn't,,,we didn't want to stir things up too much and ruin the relationship with our kids,,,He has several family members close by that are more than willing to help him cast blame on my wife for their divorce as well as all his problems before during and after.We have tried to keep the children out of their fights as well as not use them as a pawn either.In truth for the most part we didn't need the money,it was his responsibility to pay and when we would remind him of that he would go off on a temper tantrum about how he was paying our bills,,,$100 a month,,,doesn't even cover the electric nor the clothes and groceries and school supplies and etc.....

anyway I look at those sites and the one would help if we would be able to keep the boy here,but he doesn't want to stay,he wants to live with his dad and rather than have to fight with him for the next three years we will have to let him go and hope he has enough of a desire to exceed to overcome his fathers influence to get by on others gifts and generousity.Thank you for responding,,,I wish there was someone in okla or who was familier with okla law who could answer her questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">