• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of existing support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

5 boys

Colorado
I live in Colorado - my ex relocated to Reno. I would like to modify an existing support order that is over 4 years old. In order to do so, I need to know how much he makes (I know he got a raise when he moved), how much his insurance deduction is for our child and the amount of child support he pays for his other children. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this information without contacting him? He is not agreeable to a modification.

seniorjudge

5 boys said:
Colorado
I live in Colorado - my ex relocated to Reno. I would like to modify an existing support order that is over 4 years old. In order to do so, I need to know how much he makes (I know he got a raise when he moved), how much his insurance deduction is for our child and the amount of child support he pays for his other children. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this information without contacting him? He is not agreeable to a modification.
If you don't want to contact him, then your only other choice is to file the lawsuit and have the court make him give you the info.

Neal1421

5 boys said:
Colorado
File for a modification through the court.

Silverplum

5 boys said:
Colorado
Do you have a CS order from Colorado?
Is he paying through CSE?
Does he exercise court-ordered visitation?
If so, how many overnights does he have the kid?

5 boys

the child support order is through Colorado. He exercises visitation, but only for about 4-5 weeks per year (last year I had to send him money in order to bring our son back).

Silverplum

5 boys said:
the child support order is through Colorado. He exercises visitation, but only for about 4-5 weeks per year (last year I had to send him money in order to bring our son back).
Okay, then, his support should be calculated using Schedule A. Have the state do a mod -- you don't have to do anything. However, it's up to you to start the process. Contact CSE at the first link; the other two are for your info.

https://childsupport.state.co.us/home/indexIndex.jsp

https://childsupport.state.co.us/home/indexIndex.jsp

http://www.courts.state.co.us/chs/court/forms/selfhelpcenter.htm

VeronicaGia

5 boys said:
Colorado
There is no way for you to get this information without him knowing. Should anyone be able to get anyone's personal information without them knowing?

LdiJ

Go down to your local CSE (child support enforcement) office. They will assist you with the modification for little to no cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">