• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

modad

What is the name of your state? MO
I would like to know if there is a way to modify a child support order without an attorney. It has been 2 years since my divorce was final and my income has decreased substantially since the order was put in place. My problem is this, my child support payments now average 40-45% of my take home so I can't afford to get an attorney. My ex will not agree to amend the order voluntarily and estimates from attorneys range from $800 - $1200 to file. According to calculators I've used, I'll save this much over a year, but right now I can't afford the fee. Can I go directly to the court to get this modified? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">