• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modified court order supercede previous order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

niki1575

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I received my original court order in 1995 to pay child support. On this order there is a field that states I agree to pay so much to the state of MO (I lived in CO) for the state assistance to the mother of my children. It says that I would pay the debt plus 12% per annum. I modified the child support in 2001. The new court order says N/A in the feild where the previous order stated I owed the IV-D and no interest, but the IV-D was added to the total of arrears.

Children are grown now and I am just paying the arrears. I am living in AZ now and it is difficult to get any answers from AZ DCSE. I did receive a caculation summery which states I owe a certain amount to IV-D and a certain amount to IV-D not assigned.

My question is does the modified court order, stating no interest and no IV-D, supercede the original? I am worried that when I get down to paying this off, the state of MO will come at me with a huge number with the 12% interest. Do I need to worry? In the caculation summery it does not note interest.

I appreciate any help. If more info is needed, I will be happy to provide more.

Thank you,
Distressed in Arizona

BL

I received my original court order in 1995 to pay child support. On this order there is a field that states I agree to pay so much to the state of MO (I lived in CO) for the state assistance to the mother of my children. It says that I would pay the debt plus 12% per annum. I modified the child support in 2001. The new court order says N/A in the feild where the previous order stated I owed the IV-D and no interest, but the IV-D was added to the total of arrears.

Children are grown now and I am just paying the arrears. I am living in AZ now and it is difficult to get any answers from AZ DCSE. I did receive a caculation summery which states I owe a certain amount to IV-D and a certain amount to IV-D not assigned.

My question is does the modified court order, stating no interest and no IV-D, supersede the original? I am worried that when I get down to paying this off, the state of MO will come at me with a huge number with the 12% interest. Do I need to worry? In the caculation summery it does not note interest.

Thank you,
Distressed in Arizona
Read the modified order carefully. See if it has language to the effect the order supersedes any or all other Cs orders .

Additionally , perhaps the interest was eliminated as the child has reached the age of majority.

Is the State collecting arrears ?

2Mistakes

My question is does the modified court order, stating no interest and no IV-D, supercede the original? I am worried that when I get down to paying this off, the state of MO will come at me with a huge number with the 12% interest. Do I need to worry? In the caculation summery it does not note interest.

Thank you,
Distressed in Arizona
Have you contacted the appropriate agency in MO? From your post, MO was who you owed money to. I would contact them with these questions.

niki1575

AZ now has the CO order registered and are collecting the arrears. Even though AZ has been collecting CS for years, they now just decided to register the order because MO pushed it.

I have tried contacting MO in the past and they tell me they don't have anything to do with it and to contact my state. I will read the c/order again carefully and see if there is anything saying it supercedes or not. I appreciate the input, thanks.

Distressed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">