• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modifying Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristijones

Divorced in California but now live in Indiana (both parents). My income has reduced significantly over the past 4 years since filed for divorce while my ex-husband's income has increased. I was looking into a modifying child support.

First is it worth my time? I would gain about $500 a month right now which I could really use.

Secondly, do i file with the same court (county) that divorce was finalized in? I see many, many forms online. I assume I can figure this out. :)

Don't really know how to get started...

KristiWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

Divorced in California but now live in Indiana (both parents). My income has reduced significantly over the past 4 years since filed for divorce while my ex-husband's income has increased. I was looking into a modifying child support.

First is it worth my time? I would gain about $500 a month right now which I could really use.

Secondly, do i file with the same court (county) that divorce was finalized in? I see many, many forms online. I assume I can figure this out. :)

Don't really know how to get started...

KristiWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Is it worth your time? Only you know that.

How to get started? I would contact the child support enforcement agency in your county to open a case and then ask for a re-evaluation of the CS amount.

nextwife

Why has your income reduced? Have you attempted to return to your previous income level? Is any part of your reduction voluntary (taking fewer hours, quitting a job, etc.)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">