• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modifying child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligirl16

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

my ex has not only filed to modify support ( which I am fine doing) but now had his wife serve me again with new papers very deceptively by asking me if I could pick up my check at their house on my way to see my kids practice and then slipping the paperwork with the check when she handed it to me. My ex is now subpoenaing me to provide him with copies of my car loan from two years ago (which is irrelevant to my current income today period!), copies of all my contracts with my daycare parents (which have personal and confidential about their minor children) and one more loan application thing that I don't have back because its at the underwiters office still...

All of my daycare parents ( im a licensed provider) are upset and have responded to my notice to them that they object to me giving my ex husband copies of their contracts with me because it has personal information etc. They did check their records and also verified the amounts they show they have paid me this year so far.

this is ridiculous!!! my profit and loss statement for this year so far, plus my income and expense report as well as my tax return for last year should prove my current income right?? ALso on the attachement A which is this typed form with lots of boxes to check as to types of documents etc, at the top it states a period covered and he wrote in "01/01/13-10/31/13" .. My car loan is from two years ago , not in this period and my contracts were all signed over a year ago. does that help??

I am objecting to the request but I was here seeking helping in constructing my argument.
ughh the drama with this man never ends.

p.s. im sorry if this isn't with other threads, I couldn't figure out how to put it with my other and didn't know I should.

im also sorry that if by trying to fix the mistakes I made on posting do's and dont's that I pissed off some people and caused them to be so upset as to respond on here so negatively. I by no means meant to offend anyone at all, I only wanted help in figuring out how to handle this subpoena stuff as it seems utterly ridiculous. Seriously I apologize

My ex subpoenaed me Tuesday and yet today emails me to say the option to sit down and do the numbers ourself is still there?? Im very suspicious as with his two side businesses he claims to have sold one, and that the other "isn't currently making money" yet he himself provided no business records to prove income or lack thereof.. ( ie Profit/loss, proof of sale etc)

update: thanks to some help here from some amazing people I got my stuff figured out and filed.

Last edited:

my ex has not only filed to modify support but now had his wife serve me again with new papers subpoenaing me to provide him with copies of my car loan from two years ago, copies of all my contracts with my daycare parents (which are confidential) and one more loan application thing...

this is ridiculous!!! my profit and loss statement for this year so far, my income and expense report as well as my tax return for last year should prove my current income!

What law provides that day care contract records are confidential?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

my ex has not only filed to modify support but now had his wife serve me again with new papers subpoenaing me to provide him with copies of my car loan from two years ago, copies of all my contracts with my daycare parents (which are confidential) and one more loan application thing...

this is ridiculous!!! my profit and loss statement for this year so far, my income and expense report as well as my tax return for last year should prove my current income!

Why is this not with one of your other threads? :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/modifying-child-support-600855.html
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/ex-wants-move-out-state-kids-600593.html

LdiJ

What law provides that day care contract records are confidential?
I would suspect that the daycare contracts contain quite a bit of confidential information. If the OP does end up providing them, I would certain redact any personal client information.

I would suspect that the daycare contracts contain quite a bit of confidential information. If the OP does end up providing them, I would certain redact any personal client information.
OP said the contracts were confidential, not that they contained confidential personal information.

I realize that the OP may have misspoke. ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Such as...?

I'll acknowledge that a typical daycare contract MAY contain social security numbers. Beyond that, what would be "confidential"

Furthermore, these are contracts with the OP's parents. What are the likelihood that a written contract exists in the first place?

Ohhhh, wait a second - I get it now. The OP is a daycare provider. Well, I suppose that information might have been in one of the various other threads the OP has started...

LdiJ

Such as...?

I'll acknowledge that a typical daycare contract MAY contain social security numbers. Beyond that, what would be "confidential"

Furthermore, these are contracts with the OP's parents. What are the likelihood that a written contract exists in the first place?

Ohhhh, wait a second - I get it now. The OP is a daycare provider. Well, I suppose that information might have been in one of the various other threads the OP has started...
Huh? The info is in the first paragraph of the first post on this thread.:confused:

Zigner

Huh? The info is in the first paragraph of the first post on this thread.:confused:

Where? It can be read in different ways. I read it to mean that her parents provided daycare (daycare parents)

Zigner

Me too.

That's how I read it.

I'm sure OP will return and correct us if she feels we're wrong ;)
Given the totality of the post, I feel that it's much more likely that she's a daycare provider. It wasn't explicitly stated, but the implication is definitely there.

single317dad

Do you have a legal question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">