• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modifying an existing child support order in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vanderpool72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLorida

I'm in Florida and recently my ex-husband requested a modification to reduce the child support order for 2 boys, which started June 2011. I was unaware that he provided the court with a bogus paystub indicating he was making roughly 400 per week. So when I was questioned about my weekly pay, turns out I make "more money" than he does. I pay the medical insurance, after school care, etc, etc... He is an owner of a BMW shop & since business is doing good, he has moved to a new place which is 6400 sq. I just googled his name and there are several reviews about his wonderful pay and how wonderful his business is. I called child support in Florida and they said I will not be able to request another modification until three years from 6/11. Great!!! Now my question is, how do I go about taking him back to court to prove he is obviously making more money when he moved to a new place and his business is very lucrative. I need some guidance please if I have hope??... Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLorida

I'm in Florida and recently my ex-husband requested a modification to reduce the child support order for 2 boys, which started June 2011. I was unaware that he provided the court with a bogus paystub indicating he was making roughly 400 per week. So when I was questioned about my weekly pay, turns out I make "more money" than he does. I pay the medical insurance, after school care, etc, etc... He is an owner of a BMW shop & since business is doing good, he has moved to a new place which is 6400 sq. I just googled his name and there are several reviews about his wonderful pay and how wonderful his business is. I called child support in Florida and they said I will not be able to request another modification until three years from 6/11. Great!!! Now my question is, how do I go about taking him back to court to prove he is obviously making more money when he moved to a new place and his business is very lucrative. I need some guidance please if I have hope??... Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You should have objected at the time.

First, call the child support office again and explain that you are not requesting another modification but would like for them to investigate the income he claimed because you have evidence that he is making much more than he claimed. If that doesn't work, you may be able to do something in court for contempt. I'd suggest that you contact a local attorney for a brief consultation to lay out a strategy.

Or Google 'child support self help florida'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">