• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom lied about income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueboy

What is the name of your state? ca

6 months ago we went to court mom said she had one job and made about 2500 a month. I just found out that she has two jobs and has had those two jobs for about 9 months. She lied in court papers and directly to the judge. I have been burned so many times I am afraid to go back to court even though I can get proof she lied. Should I file for modification and supena her employers for work history and pay? Should I file for modification based on her having two jobs and forget that I have over paid support for 6 months? Or what?

For those wondering:
I called the place she told me she quit and and found out that she has been promoted to manager. The companies answering service gives you job title and name with extension. The other place said she was in put me on hold while they were getting her. I hung up before she got to the phone. I didn't want her knowing that I knew.What is the name of your state?

rmet4nzkx

blueboy said:
What is the name of your state? ca

6 months ago we went to court mom said she had one job and made about 2500 a month. I just found out that she has two jobs and has had those two jobs for about 9 months. She lied in court papers and directly to the judge. I have been burned so many times I am afraid to go back to court even though I can get proof she lied. Should I file for modification and supena her employers for work history and pay? Should I file for modification based on her having two jobs and forget that I have over paid support for 6 months? Or what?

For those wondering:
I called the place she told me she quit and and found out that she has been promoted to manager. The companies answering service gives you job title and name with extension. The other place said she was in put me on hold while they were getting her. I hung up before she got to the phone. I didn't want her knowing that I knew.What is the name of your state?
It would be best if you had an attorney to advise you the best way to approach this issue, if not at least contact the Family law facilitators office, this is more complex than modification of CS.

blueboy

Thank you

Thank you for you quick reply.
I can't afford an atty again. If anyone out there knows what forms I might need or the best angle to take please give me feedback. If it looks like I will not be able to handle it I can get a loan and hire an atty.

LdiJ

blueboy said:
Thank you for you quick reply.
I can't afford an atty again. If anyone out there knows what forms I might need or the best angle to take please give me feedback. If it looks like I will not be able to handle it I can get a loan and hire an atty.
You do realize that if you pursue this based on the fact that she has two jobs....its pretty much guaranteed that by the time you get in front of the judge she will no longer have both jobs?

Certainly, child support can be based on the income from two jobs, and often is. However, a judge cannot require someone to work two jobs....or to maintain an income level that two jobs brings in.

If she quit a high paying job to take a low paying one, its likely that a judge would impute income based on the former, high paying job. However, the odds of getting a judge to impute income based on two jobs is relatively slim.

You could be spinning your wheels on this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">